Emissions recall

Steve1

Just had a letter telling me to book my car into my nearest Audi dealer to have this emission  problem sorted.

Ive got an Audi A4 S Line SE 2011 with 44k on the clock.Im so impressed with its mpg snd preformance.

My issue is ive heard of so many bad things about this,bad mpg,bad preformance and am very dubious  of taking it in.

Can any one advice me on whats the best corse of action regarding this recall.

Has any one had it done and if so what was the out come.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

We have had a few responses from members who have taken their car for recall and unfortunately it is not favourable.

Most have complained about EGR faults, one or two have said about idle speed and air con faults but worth searching through the forum posts to see what you find.

It is entirely up to you as to whether you take it in for the recall and I believe it is a voluntary recall and not a safety recall.

I have been issued with two recall notices for my Honda...both airbags on separate occasions...willing for them to replace the drivers bag but not the passenger bag as would probably involve removing the dashboard and don't want to get squeaks and rattles from where it hasn't been put back right or just the case that it has been removed and refitted after sitting in the same position for 9 years.

Let us know what you decide

Cheers   Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to a few mechanic friends and they told me to keep away.

Found this forum,this says it all to me and confirms every thing i have been told about the "software update"

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/volkswagen-emissions-scandal/8-reports-of-volkswagen-tiguans-losing-power-after-ea189-emissions-fix/

Scroll down to read what owners have posted,a nightmare for some.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, Trevor said:

We have had a few responses from members who have taken their car for recall and unfortunately it is not favourable.

Most have complained about EGR faults, one or two have said about idle speed and air con faults but worth searching through the forum posts to see what you find.

It is entirely up to you as to whether you take it in for the recall and I believe it is a voluntary recall and not a safety recall.

I have been issued with two recall notices for my Honda...both airbags on separate occasions...willing for them to replace the drivers bag but not the passenger bag as would probably involve removing the dashboard and don't want to get squeaks and rattles from where it hasn't been put back right or just the case that it has been removed and refitted after sitting in the same position for 9 years.

Let us know what you decide

Cheers   Trevor

I took my 2010 Q5 in to have it done 5 weeks ago. It lost 20-25% of its fuel economy and now has uneven power delivery when the engine is under load. it has totally changed the character of the car and ruined it. Audi have had it back twice and can't fix it. I am still without it and I am not optimistic that I will ever get it back as it was before the EA189 update was done. DON'T DO IT!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the emissions update done on my a4 avant tdi and it's ruined they have told me it's a coincidence I am absolutely gutted ! Can anyone who has had the same problem contact me with the outcome of their car kind regards Matt 

• 2 weeks later...

I just wonder whether this thread should be under a prominent heading/ subsection of its own. It really does seem to be a cause for concern, and as such members asking for advice have to trawl through threads to find opinion and experience already gained.

Any  possibility Trevor? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. I would not see this as an anti "update" thread, if the thread is easily accessible without search, since it is then far more likely to encourage owners with positive responses to post their views as well.

• Like 1

Your wish is my command Gareth....all done for you!

I have moved the posts from around the forum into the new section and left a thread link for 30 days just incase someone comes back to their post and its not there.

Watch this space as they say!

• Like 1

I have an Audi A3 2 litre TDI 62 plate. Was contacted for the emission fix in Oct 16. After 300 miles the car went into limp mode and the EGR light came on. Went back to Audi who stated the problem had nothing to do with the fix and quoted £1200 for a new EGR valve. Still saving up to have the car repaired. My advice don't have the fix!!!

• Like 1

My daughter had the emissions update on her Audi A3 tdi 2010 and 2weeks later the car as gone into limp mode, we have taken it into our local garage and they put it on the computer and it has come up with egr problem ie needs new EGR VALVE now from reading about this there seems to be a lot of cars having same problems after update, but audi are saying it's just coincidence, well I'm not so sure. £480 at my local garage so it's there now being done.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi all,

Im currently at my whitts end!

I had the emissions update on my Audi A1 at the start of December 2017. I only use my car for long joureys, 40 mile round trip a day to work so its not like I do short journeys. 

I hace now come back from a 2 week holiday, I start up the car and I have the emissions light flashing, the engine light on and the dashboard telling me my there's some thing wrong with the DPF filter. 

The car was already booked in for a service in a few days so I took it in for that, I got a phone call from the mechanic (family friend) who notice the lights, took it down the motorway to try and do the regeneation on the DPF but it hasn't worked, the car is still in limp mode and lights on.

I called my local Audi who agreed I only recently had the emissions update and suggest I take it in for a diagnostic check, which she said if the faults relate to the update then I will not be at cost, however if they do not relate to the update then I will be liable for the £60 diagnostic and all other fixes to the car. They can't see my car for another 4 weeks, which in the first place is frustrating, I'm stuck with a car in limp mode and there is nothing I can do about it! 

I am very worried that they're going to tell me that the faults on the car are my own problem, when I know for a fact they are not. I am a 22 year old girl who they can literally say ANYTHING to and I'll believe them as I know nothing about cars anyway!

So I'm looking for some advise on how not to get completely mugged off by Audi when it comes to me taking the car in!!

Thanks in advance!