The 2017 Thread

Brad-B5

9 minutes ago, Brad-B5 said:

Why is changing a nightmare? but i'd prefer to keep my car but It's not that I can't afford it its just annoying having to fork out all the time :(

Ya its a hard one m8, we love our cars but then we have to think about maintenance and running costs and just how much its costing us to keep it on the road and whether its worth it :(

Just now, Paul A6 said:

Ya its a hard one m8, we love our cars but then we have to think about maintenance and running costs and just how much its costing us to keep it on the road and whether its worth it :(

I know, I mean I haven't got a house yet so I don't need to worry about that stuff....yet lol any information on Audi A5 2008-2010? pros, cons ect?

9 minutes ago, Brad-B5 said:

I know, I mean I haven't got a house yet so I don't need to worry about that stuff....yet lol any information on Audi A5 2008-2010? pros, cons ect?

Never owned an A5 so cant help there m8

Reviews here from owners https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/2009-Audi-A5-Reviews-c21264

1 hour ago, Brad-B5 said:

Why is changing a nightmare? but i'd prefer to keep my car but It's not that I can't afford it its just annoying having to fork out all the time :(

Just find it a hassle. Mine is in the garage today and iv got to have 2 engine mounts (atleast!) and a driveshaft :( 

baring in mind just last week she had rear discs and pads and front lower arms! 

On 28/07/2017 at 3:31 PM, Brad-B5 said:

Pro's..... owning one

Con's..... not.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 5:13 PM, Steve Q said:

Just find it a hassle. Mine is in the garage today and iv got to have 2 engine mounts (atleast!) and a driveshaft :(

That's annoying :( 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Second post on the forum.

I have a 66 plate A6 BE Avant.

So far, I have changed the chrome rings for black, removed the model name and engine designation, replaced the silver S Line badges on the wings for black ones and fitted S Line puddle lights ('cos my lad thinks they're cool LOL) and fitted genuine Audi mudflaps to the front (if you can call them that) and painted the calipers.

No plate front.jpg

20170807_131921.jpg

20170807_133324.jpg

9 minutes ago, SirTT said:

Hi

Second post on the forum.

I have a 66 plate A6 BE Avant.

So far, I have changed the chrome rings for black, removed the model name and engine designation, replaced the silver S Line badges on the wings for black ones and fitted S Line puddle lights ('cos my lad thinks they're cool LOL) and fitted genuine Audi mudflaps to the front (if you can call them that) and painted the calipers.

No plate front.jpg

20170807_131921.jpg

20170807_133324.jpg

Looking good! :D

Pretty easy, it just takes patience.

I used a plastic spatula to ease them off the paint then tricloroethane or brake cleaner to remove the residue them polished the area afterwards.

The hardest part for me was making sure the black rings on the rear were aligned perfectly. I used tape to mark the position of the old rings.

Rear.jpg

@SirTT many thanks, was not sure if they where bolted on and would leave holes if removed will have to give this a go i think, personally i think the back looks cleaner without them on 

16 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

@SirTT many thanks, was not sure if they where bolted on and would leave holes if removed will have to give this a go i think, personally i think the back looks cleaner without them on 

There is no holes, just glue 

• Thanks 1

Followed in @SirTT footsteps and did a removal job and have to say i like it. i`m not ashamed of my car at all but now people will have to guess what i`m driving lol, left the Le mans on the sides :) 

Not fully done but got a bit cold so will finish of the remaining glue tomorrow and then polish 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

Up early due to a quick spot of work so had time to finish of the car all done and dusted :)

20170820_082654.jpg

Very nice. I might do mine :)

I also have a can of vht niteshades for tinting rear lights

Just now, Paul A6 said:

Mine came off really easy, used dental floss like suggested in the vid but no heat gun i cant be trusted with that near the paint work lol

Im planning to use my wifes hairdryer haha 

Re video the guy Ammo is a legend , he is one of the first detailer that went viral. Its worth checking all his videos

I have just got the A6 back with a fresh test. Just needed drivers side head lamp secured and two new reg plate bulbs. What a result for 165k miles and my first MOT.

I have actually got it done 3 weeks early as I am going to the Harewood Hillclimb event (not running my car though) with a few pals. is anybody going?

i had wanted to have the vinyl wrap touched up, the roads up here are pretty harsh and there are a few bits now niggling me. But, with the costs of vet bills and car repairs seriously depleting my rainy day funds I think I will now have to wait till spring.

• 3 weeks later...

Just serviced the engine. New filters and fresh oil plus a ZX1. Have to say that's the easiest vehicle I have worked on in years. Car is now ready for the trip down to Harewood Hillclimb event. 

Mr Q, I get to play with the Type R this afternoon. I will let you know how it goes.😈

31 minutes ago, Dan3222 said:

Absolutely gorgeous!! 

But, the chap in the video lip syncing is terrible and the pube on the steering wheel is quite of putting 😂

From experience Dan i can confirm thats a nasal hair :yahoo: