Electronic Parking Brake

Ajackson

Hi all

has anyone else used the autel VAG 505 to retract the calliper pistons. When I tried it said successful on the screen but the pistons hadn't moved, do I still have to push them back like a normal calliper or is this operation not worked correctly.

thanks 

alan 

Once the motors have stopped just push the piston back as you would the front ones.

Fit the new pads,pump the brakes as you do with the fronts then access your vag com to clise the elctronic parking brake

Then check for any fault codes and clear.

Take a look at these links from Rosstech.,depending which soft ware version you have.

Cannot remember which ond i used but i have the same car as you and once the motors finjshed the pistons pushed back.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A4_(8R/8K)_Parking_Brake_EPB-4

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A4_(8K)_Parking_Brake#Security_Access

Make sure you have a battery charger connected no matter how good your battery is.

Sorry Alan just realised your not using vagcom. 

So after all that the answer to your query is the rear pistons will just push in once the motor has retracted .

As  they would as if you were changing the fronts.

Steve.

Cheers Steve,

thanks very much for the reply just one more thing how long roughly should it take for the motors to retract, it seemed very quick the last time I tried this.

thanks 

alan 

To be honest Alan from what i can remember it was only a few seconds,maybe 5 at the least.

Got to ask Alan what wheels has your A4 SE got on ?

Reason for asking your the only person i know as it were with the same A4 as mine .

From new mine has got the RS4 19 " alloys on.Just wondering if you have the same or it was an optional extra.

Thanks 

Steve.

Hi Steve 

thanks again for your help with this 

the wheels were on it when I bought it. But I did wonder when I had never seen them before, turns out they are 18 inch s line alloys with a one off paint job or dip on them they look great but not sure what I'll do when the wife curbs one 🙈.

thanks