8 years of BMW now want to try audi

jay1988

Hi all

ive been driving bmws for a while and looking to change for an Audi a6

currently drive BMW 535D 2009 so would prefer the 3.0 bitdi

anything I should be looking out for?

which model year did Audi introduce the sliding indicator lights?

what are common problems, and are they faster than 535d's? Heard audis have turbo lag and not as swift as bmws

I compared many options before choosing Audi including MB and BMW. 

One big consideration I gave was servicing costs. MB fuel filter service was an eye opener and BMW brake disk prices was another. 

I nearly brought an early 14 plate BiTurbo A6 Avant - Was not the latest iteration so no sweeping indicators and a lack of other nice to haves such as electric tailgate and heated seats (an option?!) 

What did have me reaching in my wallet for a while was 313 BHP, 4x4 and a 0-60 time of just over 6 seconds from a car that can carry a wardrobe whilst returning 40 MPG. 

Go for a test drive - that is what I did and in the end head ruled over heart and I got the 2.0 TD Quattro Auto. 

Thanks for the feedback Envy.

I havnt a clue about what to do.

I test drove the bitdi 313bhp 13 plate over the weekend, and although it was just local town driving, wasnt able to drive to its full potential.

My current car BMW 535D 2009 286bhp still going strong and believe it or not, at times I get butterflies in my stomach!

Since speeding law changed this week, I'm thinking what the prudent move would be. I cant imagine spending 25k on a 2.0 tdi

I understand the audi A6 3.0 comes in 3 versions. 204 bhp, 245 bhp and 313 bhp. I really like the active sound exhaust on bitdi, albeit the artificial sound, my mate has the bitdi with kufatec active sound booster and once pulled up in shopping carpark, these two old couples kept staring at us. We stepped out of the car and the old lady goes 'thats a lovely sound young man, what engine does she have?' I was gobsmacked!!

And you're correct about the brake discs BMW's. A complete front and rear discs and pads would set you back circa £900! and thats just parts only

Lets see what I find over the next few days, as bitdi's are quite rare.