won't start

james1

Hello Mor,

IF after fitting the new battery you find that is still losing power, then the probability is that one of the curcuits is at fault and drawing a current when it shouldn't, when the car is locked up. 

Although it may be possible to guess at what curcuit it might be - and it would only be a guess- I would suggest the car would then need to have an hour out with an auto electrician who would be able to measure the current draw and isolate each fused curcuit one by one until the offending curcuit is found. DIY possible? Well yes, assuming the correct meter is at hand, together with the experience of checking for these current drains.

Fingers crossed, all will be well when the new 5 year guarantee battery is fitted.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Guys, got the battery change but still no luck. Battery voltage on the so called new one is 12.37 which I hear is low for the battery it is. Had it connected direct to battery as well still no luck. 

Been told it could be the fuel pressure pump that is low because the crank is far better now but for some odd reason engine isn't firing up.

Any more ideas...

Car is working. What my mate said was the battery I bought lost amperage because it was sitting around for a week. So it struggling to send enough power to the car. Tried to jump start it but his car battery wasn't strong enough but luckily a neighbour had a car with a strong battery that jump started the car in 30 secs. 

• Like 1