MX5 to A3

Joe Cott

Greetings folks

After 15 years of owning MX5s I have finally decided to sell the 5 & also my wife's Kia picanto shopping trolley then buy the A3.

That was 3 days ago so only had one good run, down to Avebury to see the solstice in & we are so happy with the car.

It's a 2008 2.0 TDi auto cabriolet; at least I think that's how it's described 

I have, over the years, been very involved with all things MX5 so I hope to do the same on this Audi forum in future.

ps; can someone tell me what tags are ?

Inkeds-l1600_edited_LI.jpg

Welcome to the forum Joe :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

glad your pleased with your a3 :) it looks lovely :) it's certainly a change from mx5s and certainly an improvement on the Kia! 

by all means get involved :) we try and get the club as active as possible :) 

we have various events coming up and your more than welcome to display your a3 on the club stands at the events :) 

cheers

steve

Thank you Trevor; I have to say that after 15 yrs of driving MX5s it is a huge pleasure owning htis Audi which is actually quicker :yes:. just have to get used to front drive again..

getting out is a damned sight easier as well for both of us (creaky 70 yrs)

I have a mk1 MX5 (1991) and it is a superb little car which I have recently started to really appreciate (probably due to the good weather) but as you say they're a bit difficult to extract yourself from, especially after a long drive.

nice one.

I had a very early G reg Eunos for nearly 10 yrs. loved it; 

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/pappadamjoe/

sorry to bore you but not quite over 5 driving yet so good to talk about them a bit :yes:

superb piccys...you did quite a lot of work to the Eunos then?

Mine is also a Eunos and quite honestly for £250 it is the best fun I have had in a car since the early 80's....drives like a go-cart and is bulletproof :-)

26 minutes ago, Trevor said:

superb piccys...you did quite a lot of work to the Eunos then?

Just a 4-2-1 manifold, induction kit, de-cat, BIG LOUD exhaust, some suspension stuff. Huge smiles & fun but then you know all about that huh?

Always had very loud mx5s but I don't reckon a deisel sounds good with an almost open exhaust

• Like 1