TPMS ESP Auto/Start Stop Handbrake issues on my Audi A7

kal

Hi All,

Sorry my first comment on here is a negative one but I really need your help with issues with my Audi A7.

I have owned it for a month and it is a Audi A7 TDi 2011. 

While driving on the motorway on a dry day, I have had a load of warning signals come up on my dashboard. The warning signals are as follows; ABS, TPMS failure, ESP, Auto/Start Stop disabled, vehicle parked too steep.

The thing is, the car drives as it should apart from the start stop technology, handbrake works ok but the computer says it doesn't. I've tried a few searches which state it could be the ABS sensors that need cleaning or replacing?

I have had a print out of the warning codes from the AA which are as follows; U111300 U101700 U111100 U112300 U107700

Please help as I am thinking mu already expensive purchase might cost even more :(

Im based in Luton should anyone know a good mechanic.

Thanks in advance

Hi Kaljit...welcome to the Forum

From what I can determine from the codes, it does look to be speed sensing related which is affecting other systems such as cruise control.

Hope you find a good garage to look at it for you and keep us in the loop as curious as to the cause of this issue.

Cheers  Trevor

The cruise control seems to work fine albeit when I set the speed it's like 4/5 mph out of what is shown on the speedo. I.e when I set cruise to 70mph, it only shows as 66 on the head up and dashboard

Hello Kal,

From the school of eliminating the simple things first, I would not consider major wallet-affecting issues before first eliminating that the battery is not the cause of your issues. Prior to the stop- start technology, original batteries usually lasted a good 10 years. Now, with so called intelligent charging batteries, stop-start, etc. who knows how long they will last. I would normally have suggested you get your battery's efficiency checked  by say Halfords, but I 'm not sure with this modern technology. Probably worth having a word with your local indi first.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for your replies guys....

It transpired the fault went away by it self and hasn't come back for a few weeks now. Glad it's gone as I knew it wouldn't be an expensive part, just a mammouth task to find what was actually causing the fault.

Thanks for your replies!

Whem my battery was failing it showed up lots of errors and fault codes. It might be worth looking in this direction

Also it might be worth connecting to rosstech vag com cable and scan at a local garage to see if any fault codes have come back since.

• 3 years later...
On 6/26/2017 at 1:36 PM, kal said:

Hi All,

Sorry my first comment on here is a negative one but I really need your help with issues with my Audi A7.

I have owned it for a month and it is a Audi A7 TDi 2011. 

While driving on the motorway on a dry day, I have had a load of warning signals come up on my dashboard. The warning signals are as follows; ABS, TPMS failure, ESP, Auto/Start Stop disabled, vehicle parked too steep.

The thing is, the car drives as it should apart from the start stop technology, handbrake works ok but the computer says it doesn't. I've tried a few searches which state it could be the ABS sensors that need cleaning or replacing?

I have had a print out of the warning codes from the AA which are as follows; U111300 U101700 U111100 U112300 U107700

Please help as I am thinking mu already expensive purchase might cost even more 😞

Im based in Luton should anyone know a good mechanic.

Thanks in advance

Dear Kal,

If you receive my message please contact me in this email: dritaasylejmani@gmail.com

I am having  exactly the same issues with my Audi A7, and I would highly appreciate some help or advise.

best regards,

Drita

Hello Drita,

Obviously your choice, but I wouldn’t put my e-mail contact address on an open forum.

I think it would be wise to edit it out. 

Kal hasn’t been on here for over 3 years. 

It would probably be well worth starting a new thread and letting the forum have a detailed description of your symptoms. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.