Similarities

Steve Q

I'm going to cause controversy for the first post in the Q2 section but someone one an Audi Facebook book as raised similarities between the Q2 and Austin princess! 

What do you all think? 

IMG_4732.JPG

IMG_4733.JPG

Mind you it's no different with people saying there are similarities between the a7 and rover sd1! 

Please note, these are not my views but to be honest I do love both the sd1 and a7 fastback styling and wish there was more of it about!

IMG_4734.JPG

IMG_4737.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

IMG_4736.JPG

• Like 1

Lol, I like this, it really goes to show that there are only so many ways to make something that goes through the air as aerodynamically as possible.

However, even though I am a massive classic car fan, I would never have a Princess over an A2. However, I would have the SD1 over an A7 any day. I love the front on the A7 but the back is not to my personal taste.

I actually do a few car reviews (for a hobby) for a local publication. It gets quite difficult talking about advances in technologies etc etc when you are quoting 50 mpg combined when an Austin A35 with a 948cc used to do that 5 decades ago.

In truth, only Honda being quite daring with the new Civic is so different with its styling and a 3 cylinder turbo 998cc engine that produces 129PS makes it stand out from a very crowded market place of similar looking cars. Yes there are others but my point is there aren't that many. From a distance it's hard to tell a Skoda VRS from an Audi A4!?!

But saying all that, I would still have my 11 year old A6 with it's vinyl wrap, its angry sounding engine and crap fuel consumption if driven with a bad attitude 😈 Over many a modern car.

Each to their own I guess!

• Like 1

Exactly Dan! Car designs are bound to get similarities. But I guess that's over 100 years of the automobile for you! It's just like anything, styles keeping coming round and around! 

I have to agree with you there! I'd have the Q2 over the princess despite the fact I do like the princesses wedged shape and did you know it had dydrogas suspension and was one of the first cars to have a seatbelt buzzer/binger! 

In terms of the sd1, I love them. You can't beat that styling! But I have to disagree with you on the a7. I love the rear of the a7 but not a big fan of the front! I do think theba7 needed more of a slanted nose like the sd1! 

Isn't it funny how we all have different tastes. I guess that's what makes the market place so crowded and bouyant 

Exactly! What we are achieving is nothing new except the fact cars are being stuffed with more gimmicks and gizmos. 

Also the fact they bang on about electric cars being the future and a fancy new technology but there were electric carriages in the late 1800s-very early 1900s. One manufacturer was Accumulator Industries and their carriage could go 8 miles without charges. This is back in 1899! 

I di think car designers need to be abit more bold with their styling! I want to see Ford with the consul Capri or even just a regular Capri. And Volkswagen to bring back the karmann ghia and fastbacks etc etc ;) 

and again I side with you on driving an older Audi! Mine is pretty worthless now due to mileage and thanks to the government. So I will run it until innonlonger can get parts! 

Yeah, you can only re-invent the wheel so many times.

i am pleased you get the gist of what I said there too. So many similarities between cars these days it's hard to stand out from the crowd.

As for the Capri......

5769CACC-97E1-473F-B13C-4339DBF0C695-1798-000002D312FF2B33.jpeg 

There is hope they will start producing this!!!

40 minutes ago, Dan3222 said:

Yeah, you can only re-invent the wheel so many times.

i am pleased you get the gist of what I said there too. So many similarities between cars these days it's hard to stand out from the crowd.

As for the Capri......

5769CACC-97E1-473F-B13C-4339DBF0C695-1798-000002D312FF2B33.jpeg 

There is hope they will start producing this!!!

Couldn't agree more! 

And yep I understood :) 

well it's a coupe so I guess it's a start lol