Coventry Transport Museum meet up

Steve Q

Hello all, 

i was at the Coventry transport museum last month and they had a car club displaying cars outside. 

This got me thinking and to gauge interest to see how many members would like to visit the museum and display their vehicles outside the front of it for a day? (If I can get permission from the museum) 

The museum is FREE to enter and they mainly have U.K. Built a cars, motorbikes, bicycles etc on display including 2 landspeed record cars, rally cars and concept cars but it's still a good day out non the less. 

Heres the link to the museum website: 

http://www.transport-museum.com/

what are your thoughts? 

Attendee list: 

1. Steve q

2. Dan_avant170

3. Jacques

4. Sven

5. Baggy 

• Like 1

I visited there a few years ago after going to the Jaguar factory at Leamington and found it to be an incredibly interesting museum, made even better by the fact it was free to enter.

I believe they allow car clubs to park outside on the front if you arrange in advance with them.

18 minutes ago, Trevor said:

I visited there a few years ago after going to the Jaguar factory at Leamington and found it to be an incredibly interesting museum, made even better by the fact it was free to enter.

I believe they allow car clubs to park outside on the front if you arrange in advance with them.

Couldn't agree more Trevor! They've just revamped it as well :) 

my plan is to have our display outside the front of the museum :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacques said:

@Steve Q sounds like a great idea to me count us in :)

51 minutes ago, Sven said:

Why not count me in too

Nice one both! Il add you to the list! :) 

bow it's a case of sorting a date. Il email the Coventry transport museum tomorrow to see what availability they have :)  

is a weekday or weekend better for you all? 

1 minute ago, Steve Q said:

Nice one both! Il add you to the list! :) 

bow it's a case of sorting a date. Il email the Coventry transport museum tomorrow to see what availability they have :)  

is a weekday or weekend better for you all? 

Weekend for me

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dan_avant170 said:

Ye deffo weekends mate. Just have to let me know a date to make sure im free

That's great! We're all free for weekends. Il email them to find out their availability :) 

Right. 

Iv sent an email to Coventry transport museum and now just waiting in a reply. Il let you know once iv heard back in terms of what dates they have available :) 

• Like 1

Iv received an email back from Coventry transport museum who are happy to have us on display at the front of the museum! :) 

they are going to let me know what weekend availability they have and get back to me. 

Once we have a date set il have to complete a booking form and from there we should be all good! :) 

cheers

steve 

So today Coventry transport museum have emailed me back with available dates. These are: 

sat 16th September, Sunday 17th september, Saturday 30th September or Sunday 1st October. 

Saturday 16th September is Audi Driver international at castle Combe which I'm attending. But the other dates should be good for me :) 

Are these dates any good? 

4 hours ago, dan_avant170 said:

I can do the 17th september mte

Coolio :) I'm unsure if I can do that date now though :/ 

Any of the other dates good for you Dan? 

What are you other guys thinking? What date suits you?