Google not loading, please help!

SirTT

Si here's the issue I'm having.

Put a SIM card in the car. Google symbol comes up in the bottom R/H corner of the screen to show the loading process. Gets to Goog and stops. Try using the car to make a phone call, it disconnects immediately. It's a new SIM with data, texts, minutes etc.

I must have the damned thing configured incorrectly somewhere as it's done it with 2 separate SIMs now. Tried the 3 button reset - no good. Tried the factory MMI reset  - no good.

HELP please!!

Has your mmi updated lately, read a lot of people having issue after the latest mmi update

From another forum --- UPDATE: I'm all good now. Simple 10 min fix at the dealership (TSB 2044940/1), and my Google Earth and street view work perfectly fine now.

Thanks for that Paul. It hasn't been updated by me. I have the car booked into my local Audi dealer to look at it in September (earliest I could get it in!) but I will e-mail my service advisor and notify him about the TSB, thanks.

Can you point me to that thread in the appropriate forum please?

1 minute ago, SirTT said:

Thanks for that Paul. It hasn't been updated by me. I have the car booked into my local Audi dealer to look at it in September (earliest I could get it in!) but I will e-mail my service advisor and notify him about the TSB, thanks.

From the other forum  - For anyone else who lands here searching for the same answer, the TSB is now 2044940/2. It instructs the dealer tech to download an archive file from ServiceNet that includes a fix script. It is MMI3GP K0942 Google Earth INOP Cleanup Patch under Technician References/Audi MMI Scripts. The 2 files in the archive are tiny and just require an empty SD card. Once copied to the SD card, it needs to be inserted after the MMI fully boots and the Telephone menu options are all loaded. You'll get a green confirmation screen that the script has run.

• 2 weeks later...

He's come back to me with the following;

Hi, after checking the 2 TPI’s you send over they do not match your chassis variant.

So the car is still booked in for the 11th!

1 minute ago, SirTT said:

He's come back to me with the following;

Hi, after checking the 2 TPI’s you send over they do not match your chassis variant.

So the car is still booked in for the 11th!

is that good news or bad? are they saying they cant help?

I honestly don't know. The car is still booked in on the 11th and a master tech is going to look at it.

Is there a master MMI reset I could try I wonder?