Corrosion warrenty

Bigdave1230

Hi I've notice a couple of imperfections on my Q7's bodywork most noticeable is some small rust bubbling on the drivers side rear door handle and was going to get them sorted by a garage who told me that audi's have a 12 year corrosion warrenty and to ring them to get it inspected. Has anybody tried to get anything like this sorted by them or am I just wasting my time as they will just fob me off with excuses that I can't argue with?

Hello Dave, 

I think the answer is in the warranty detail on this, and you may find that it refers to 'through" rust (or a similar term) which means rust which originates say the inside of a panel and perforates through. Being cynical, one could be excused for believing there will usually be some cop out as you indicate - perhaps even " The corrosion check is part of the service sir, and it appears you have missed one," 

As far as the door handle is concerned Dave, it wouldn't surprise me if these were a type of cast aluminium, and if so, may be suffering from some "white rust" which can be caused by the aluminium oxidising usually due to some localised chipping of the paint and the aluminium being exposed. 

Well worth a try at a local dealer though. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Yep the car has had some paint on the front bumper and bonnet which looks like it was probably stone chip repair. But as this wasn't done by Audi who knows what coatings have been applied to the car at the same time so I'm sorry sir but the warrenty won't be applicable in this instance. 😂 Was worth a try and the guy was pleasant and offered me a go in a SQ7 when I have more time. So when the kids are back at school I'll take the wife over and him what it can do 👍🏻