A7 Boot/Tailgate Alignment

Kems

Hello

A few days after I picked up my A7 I noticed that there a bigger panel gap on right hand side of the tailgate than the left (see attached pictures). I brought the car as an approved used Audi from a Audi main dealer. It had an HPI check which was all clear.

The panel gap on the rear window and the top of the tailgate is all fine, it is just the right side.

The supplying dealer is being supportive and has asked me to get an estimate to sort it out.  It's a last resort taking it back up to the supplying dealer as they are 250 miles away from me.

Ive taken it to an body shop and they couldn't under stand the gap because the rear window and rest of the tailgate is fine. They checked for signs of previous accident damage but couldn't find anything.

Anyone had anything similar?

Thanks

Mark

IMG_5985.JPG

IMG_5986.JPG

IMG_5988.JPG

Hi Mark, I have to agree with Piotr it could be the hinges need adjusting. In failing that it might not even be the boot that's mis aligned at all. It could be the drivers side rear panel. Did the garage look to see if the drivers side rear arch panel was right? 

Cheers

steve