New Audi Owner saying hi

Degsy1880

Evening Guys

not new to VAG cars but new to Audi.

Just got 2017 B9 A4 2.0 TDI Ultra SE , Stronic, wanted to push for Sline but the missus put a stop to that :-(

liking the car and its been a while since ive been in an Auto but enjoying it. Main reason for auto choice was commute to work now a motorway route.

Nice car and somewhat impressed with the box and very comfortable motorway drive. took options like ttrs wheels, bolster in the seats and MMI tech pack i think its called lol.

unsure whether to tint the glass a bit at the moment your thoughts?

may look a tuning but need something that can be reversed to stock, how have tuning boxes come on over the years?

cheers

D.

2 minutes ago, Degsy1880 said:

cheers pal.

yeah she told me ive already had too many toys so had to be sensible lol

Ha ha, send her away for a girly weekend and take yourself to get a remap chucked on it without her knowing if your brave enough! :)

• Like 1

ha ha 

would love to but i need a way of mapping easily so i can return to stock easily (hence box question). used to own a modded mapped SEAT Leon went like stink, never ever told her about remap .I remember her saying your car seems to have gotten faster :wink3:

I haven't had a remap myself yet but currently looking into it. I've got an A3 2.0 TDI 170.

I'd do some careful investigation before using any box mod like revo etc... as Audi diagnostics may be able to tell if an aftermarket device has been fitted even if removed before going in for work under warranty!

Hi Darren...welcome to the Forum

I use a DTUK tuning box on my Honda CR-V and it transformed the driveability overnight....wouldn't part with it for anything else.

Good to have you onboard

Cheers,   Trevor

12 hours ago, Degsy1880 said:

Trevor so how long you had the box fitted? come across any issues?

Had the box for around 9 months now with no problems at all.

Occasionally I switch it down just to remind myself that it is working (very subtle operation) and also to remind myself how well it does perform.

The instant improvement in driveability and engine flexibility along with an increase in fuel economy is what I wanted from it. The idea to fit one for wheel-spinning performance is not what it's about to be fair (although it does improve it by around 25 bhp and a good amount of torque increase).

What it does do for example that the car (being quite heavy and lumpy) is much more flexible on acceleration from junctions, even in the wrong gear, jumping into lanes on motorways and results in a decrease in the amount of gear changing that I was having to do between the accelerating and waiting for the turbo to boost.

Here is a link to an article I wrote on the tuning box....hopefully you will find it useful?

http://www.drivn.co.uk/electronic-engine-tuning-guide/

p.s. If you are interested in buying one through DTUK....private message me and I may be able to provide you with a discount code for purchase.