A6 C6 2.0 tdi 170 re map

fast edd

Do I take the plunge! !! A stage 1 remap, and which company???? Revo/Celtic/ ??? , their are just too many to know which is gonna be good for my engine's health and my bank balance! ! Rolling road? is this a must to fine tune things during the upgrade?  A box would be a good investment but only for that car?? . Answers on a post card if you please. Oh and I'm in  Bournemouth :yahoo:.

Hey Ed this is a good idea and has it come about since the parade lap I wonder 😜

Many good Tuner should tailer the map to your specific car. I say this as each car is different due to age, mileage, maintenance history and even the way it's been driven. 

Obviously the map increases bhp but it can also smoothen out the torque curve and potentially can increase mpg as the engine i less restricted. The drawback being it can wear an components out fast that may have already been on their way out if that makes sense. 

Cant really comment on any tuning company myself as iv not used any. 

Hipe iv helped :) 

cheers

steve 

Hi Steve, thank you for your help.. this hasn't been brought on by the parade lap!! Ha ha. I just feel the A6 deserves more than a poorly inherited EA189 update. And I guess a remap is the only avenue to take.  I am aware that the DMF and Clutch may protest at the extra torque etc , I just hope the extra boost pressues etc don't blow intercooles etc. 

12 hours ago, fastedd said:

Hi Steve, thank you for your help.. this hasn't been brought on by the parade lap!! Ha ha. I just feel the A6 deserves more than a poorly inherited EA189 update. And I guess a remap is the only avenue to take.  I am aware that the DMF and Clutch may protest at the extra torque etc , I just hope the extra boost pressues etc don't blow intercooles etc. 

Lol! 

To be fair Ed, when the Tuner is tailoring the map to your car he should take the gearbox and intercooler into account! ;) and over stretch them