Membership number ?

TT-W00KIE

1 hour ago, TT-W00KIE said:

Hmmm well I'm only asking because insurance providers ask for it as proof , weird thing is they recommended  joining. For insurance 

Did you have to pay to join Adam?

You don't have to pay for this forum or club! :) 

I've never had an issue when mentioning the club to insurers. And never needed to use a  membership number. 

Have you tried Adrian flux? 

Lol yep I'm with them for my landies and was last year for the Tt but they've gone so expensive , I switched to Footman and james. Difference this I was quoted 550 with Adrian flux on classic and 286 fully comp classic with all mods declared with F&J   too much of a difference to say no to tbh .. I've used Adrian flux for over 20yrs with landies. Pretty cool I don't have to pay to join Audi owners club☺. Did anyone represent at Audis  in the park this year . I went with mk1 tt forum and community from FB was bit dissappionted , not a lot of traders for a 600+mile round trip 😕still I enjoyed the spirited drive there and back 😆

8 hours ago, TT-W00KIE said:

Lol yep I'm with them for my landies and was last year for the Tt but they've gone so expensive , I switched to Footman and james. Difference this I was quoted 550 with Adrian flux on classic and 286 fully comp classic with all mods declared with F&J   too much of a difference to say no to tbh .. I've used Adrian flux for over 20yrs with landies. Pretty cool I don't have to pay to join Audi owners club☺. Did anyone represent at Audis  in the park this year . I went with mk1 tt forum and community from FB was bit dissappionted , not a lot of traders for a 600+mile round trip 😕still I enjoyed the spirited drive there and back 😆

Wow! Now that is a difference!! 

Thanks :) we feel being free makes it alot fairer for people. And we did attend Audi's in the park. We were on the left hand side of the dirt road as you came in. Have a look under the meets section for the show report. We also attend all the major shows and organise smaller meets around the country :)you'd be more than welcome to display your TT at up and coming shows with us :) 

With regard to membership number, because it's a forum primarily I don't think we have numbers as such, just user names. But it's Trevor, the administrator who would be able to confirm this. 

Cheers

Steve 

3 hours ago, Steve Q said:

With regard to membership number, because it's a forum primarily I don't think we have numbers as such, just user names. But it's Trevor, the administrator who would be able to confirm this. 

Hi Jay

We don't currently monetise the Audi Owners Club and as such, there is no specific Membership and therefore, no Membership number. But as Steve has mentioned, most of the time Insurance companies acknowledge that you are a member of a community and this is usually sufficient. 

Probably the best thing is to take a screenshot of your Account details and send that through to them.

Cheers,   Trevor

• Like 1

Ahh I see now. To have a membership number you are saying a fee would be incurred. Interesting. I assumed when someone joined up the forum would automatically issue you a member number. So we are a member of a forum and not a club. For example when your in the golf club your given a membership number so to cross reference or is this wrong? Furthermore how do you know how many have joined this forum? If you know this figure then would it not be easy to give that user a member number?

I'm a noob on these things as no social media and this is my first forum. Well in the end we probably don't need a number anyway.

Hey Adam 

We run the club through the forum as it's alot easier :) basically the forum and club are one and completely free :) 

We think it's alot nicer when people don't have to pay to be apart of an Audi community and this is only possible due to the adverts you see paying to advertise. 

We do attend various shows and last year we were giving away FREE t shirts and stickers to club members who displayed their cars with the club. obviously you can buy the t shirts or stickers without attending the shows. 

For us it's all about having a nice and friendly atmosphere and getting Audi owners together for events and to offer help and advice to one another :) 

Hope I'v made sense :) 

Cheers 

Steve

• Like 1

Adbro ....as Steve has stated, there are pros and cons to both Club and Forum but this one seems to tick over quite nicely in its current format.

Not to say that the Forum could not be enhanced to include a paid membership with benefits, including membership cards, etc. However, unless it is for the purpose of insurance discounts, there is not really a need to issue membership numbers.