First Oil/Filter Change Interval

Wesley949

More a Piece of Mind query regarding an Oil and Filter change.

My vehicle, 2016 A6 2.0TDI Ultra (190PS) S-Tronic has covered 10,794 and will be a year old soon (22nd November) and is still using the original Oil and Filter.

Would it be worthwhile in carrying out an Oil and Filter change at one-year or just wait for the Service/Inspection details within the MMI system which is still advising me on 382 days/Next Oil Change 8000 miles and 382 days/Next Inspection 8400 miles.

I am probably being cautious but I have read that some unburnt Diesel can go in to the Sump and mix with the Oil so this is one of my reasons for asking around.  I did enquire with Audi UK Customer Services and when I got a call-back, the female on the phone told me to just go with the MMI system and could not get off the phone fast enough so the whole telephone call must have been around 20-seconds.

What is the best option?

Hi Wesley, you should be fine to wait till the car service light comes on. Audi use castrol long life oil which is good for 20k/2 years. 

I've attached this link to the servicing information from Audi. Hope it's useful :) 

https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/servicing-your-audi.html

Basically it comes down to your driving style according to Audi. If your doing mainly town driving then they advise once a year but if it's motorway and fast runs then you'll be fine for the 2 year/20k. 

Hope IV helped :) 

Cheers

Steve