Telephone Equipment?

A4_666

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can tell me if this in the photograph is part of telephone equipment? It looks like it has been factory fitted. If it does happen to be for a telephone, can anyone tell me what telephone it is for please? Cheers

20171116_111657.jpg

Hi Ian, 

It looks like to me, some sort of old style built in telephone. The built in ones were often bigger then your conventional mobile but I think they are still made by phone companies instead of the car companies if that makes sense. Obviously someone has removed the front part of the holder along with the phone. 

Is there a charger or any wiring running to it? (Behind the bracket attaching it  to the dash) I ask as the charger might help identify the manufacturer. 

Sorry I can't help more, My only experience of a built in car telephone one was on a friend's Volvo 740 gle estate. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply. I can't see any wiring to it at all, it is a very good job, which is why I think it is an Audi fit rather than an after market. I'll dig a little deeper and see what I can unearth about it. There is no charger or anything else that I can see, it is very strange...lol. Cheers Steve. Ian

56 minutes ago, A4_666 said:

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply. I can't see any wiring to it at all, it is a very good job, which is why I think it is an Audi fit rather than an after market. I'll dig a little deeper and see what I can unearth about it. There is no charger or anything else that I can see, it is very strange...lol. Cheers Steve. Ian

I do admit it looks very professional. If it were an Audi accessory then I suspect there would have been limited variatant ones available. Probably 2 at a guess. Type Audi phone into eBay parts and accessories and you'll see the type of phones I'm.on about. They have the logo on them and are quite large. They probably were fitted to various models but it's worth a look :) 

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers

Steve