Aftermarket Radio and rear speaker not working?

Duncan.c1992

Hey, this is my first post so go easy! I have just bought an 2005 Audi A3 and I wanted to install the radio from my old car (Golf) because it had Bluetooth, I saw various posts online about needing a PC9-401 adaptor to get it working so I went to Halfords and bought one and installed it and it worked although it doesnt work with the ignition and i have to manually turn the radio on and off which does not bother me at all but after i Installed it the rear speakers weren't working, so back online I go and someone said I actually needed the PC9-410 adaptor because it was a bose system and had amplified rear speakers! So off to halfless I went again and again installed it as instructed and again the rear speakers are not working! I'm at a complete lose as to how to get them working, and in all honesty I have no idea if it is a bose system or not! Some people said I should have a amp in the boot but I can't find it or anything to tell me if it is or not!? I just want my rear speakers to work! Haha, if anyone can help or has any advise it would be extremely welcome! Thanks in advanced, Duncan.

• 2 weeks later...

On 22/01/2018 at 6:37 PM, Duncan.c1992 said:

Hey, this is my first post so go easy! I have just bought an 2005 Audi A3 and I wanted to install the radio from my old car (Golf) because it had Bluetooth, I saw various posts online about needing a PC9-401 adaptor to get it working so I went to Halfords and bought one and installed it and it worked although it doesnt work with the ignition and i have to manually turn the radio on and off which does not bother me at all but after i Installed it the rear speakers weren't working, so back online I go and someone said I actually needed the PC9-410 adaptor because it was a bose system and had amplified rear speakers! So off to halfless I went again and again installed it as instructed and again the rear speakers are not working! I'm at a complete lose as to how to get them working, and in all honesty I have no idea if it is a bose system or not! Some people said I should have a amp in the boot but I can't find it or anything to tell me if it is or not!? I just want my rear speakers to work! Haha, if anyone can help or has any advise it would be extremely welcome! Thanks in advanced, Duncan.

Hello Duncan I have full Bose in mine and have had issues.

some audis have full Bose and some have half and you are correct about getting an adaptor to get an after market to work 

but I think the adaptors are different 

so maybe you have the one which will just connect the front 

I ended up buying a replacement symphony head unit so I didn’t need to tangle with the mine field of Audi electrics 

if yours is anything like mine the stereo all runs through the gateway and ecu of the car and is a !Removed! nightmare.

as for the amp it is with your sub behind the left side panel in boot. 

Hope you sort it 

Si. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, Si Slater said:

Hello Duncan I have full Bose in mine and have had issues.

some audis have full Bose and some have half and you are correct about getting an adaptor to get an after market to work 

but I think the adaptors are different 

so maybe you have the one which will just connect the front 

I ended up buying a replacement symphony head unit so I didn’t need to tangle with the mine field of Audi electrics 

if yours is anything like mine the stereo all runs through the gateway and ecu of the car and is a !Removed! nightmare.

as for the amp it is with your sub behind the left side panel in boot. 

Hope you sort it 

Si. 

Hello mate.

you don't happen to have a link for a good audi head unit seller do you?

cheers

Pete.

Hello there have you been able to make it work?i had the same issue but fixed it.i did not buy the adapter.i ended up cutting the wires and connecting them directly to the stereo harness.if you want I can send you pictures of the connection

• 2 years later...