2009 A3 Armrest Centre console - Clip help?!?!

Lee H

Hello, i have a 2009 09 Plated A3 1.9TDi Sportback 5 door, which i purchased recently

The issue i have is that the clip that holds the centre armrest lid to the rest of the unit is snapped off and i have

no idea what it SHOULD look like to order a new one, and the likes of eBay have several to choose from...now when i 

put the unit upright the lid flaps about annoyingly

Please see attached pics !

Any help in obtaining the correct repair part (i.e. part number) or a nice photo with dimensions would be greatly appreciated.

The centre console is a grey cloth one :)

thanks

Also, is clutch judder when pulling away in first 'normal' i think it might need to go back to garage ?...quite a rough pull away

but no slipping and all gears engage nicely :).. this makes low speed reversing and manouvering a lot less joyous that normal

driving :P

Lee

2018-01-25 12.07.08.jpg

2018-01-25 12.07.11.jpg

2018-01-25 12.07.19.jpg

Welcome to the forum Lee, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

I'm surprised the part number isn't on the inside of the lid. To get the correct colour interior trim (this applies to any trim) have a look in your owners handbook as there will be your paint code and interior colour code. 

In terms of clutch judder, this isn't normal and I would advise getting the garage to look at it. 

Cheers

Steve :) 

Hello Lee,

Sorry to hear about this, but if it's any consolation, our 2006 clip failed a couple or so years ago, although our clip remains attached by its one- side- still - in tact bit. Problem is, or was, when I last looked into it, was that the clip is not available as a separate part and you have to buy the whole padded lid. As I recall, this was going to injure the wallet to the tune of c£70+ ( your trim code should be on  the plate on the car). 

I had thought about some very small magnets, but I must confess I've not got around to it yet. This is probably the most economical route. 

Clutch judder? Our 1.6 has never had the smoothest of clutches from new, and I sometimes swear at it, although my wife thinks it's fine! , and an independent assessment by a neighbour mechanic declares its me not the car, so........ !! 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hello.  Yes I have thought of using magnets or even Velcro but I’d like to keep it original not Halfords botched lol

the clips are avail on eBay just need decent pics and approx size to match up and grey is avail

thanks in advance

Hello Lee,

Halfords and botching eh? Thought they were too expensive on bits to be associated with botching! Still...

Couple of 'ifs':-

If things haven't changed on eBay over the last 6 months, and if your 2009 is the same as my 2006, the replacement clips for yours/mine are not available via. these sources. Yes, eBay has a variety of Audi clips, but at least not for mine, and I have the benefit of knowing what mine looks like!

Like glittering and gold, all that''s on eBay doesn't fit everything I'm afraid.

Good  luck in finding one, and if you do, perhaps you would be kind enough to let us know.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hello Lee,

The centre arm clip is a common issue and as already said the part is not sold from Audi separately. You might be best getting a second hand part from a breakers if you can not live with the magnet.

Your car sounds like maybe it has a clutch issue. Any history paper work will show if this has already been replaced. 

• Like 1

I second the idea of breakers. They are an ignored resource nowadays that I have found useful and relatively cheap. You don't have wade across an oily field and crawl into a precarious stack of wrecks as many of us old geezers once did; like everything else they are now on the internet.