Audi Front and Rear Universal Traffic Recorder camera with Vehicle specific harness

mylifesablast

So, sick and tired am I of coming back and finding the most broken/busted up up typically two door Corsa or Renault Clio parked next to me. I park so far away from a store front yet, 'someone' always tends to be right next to me when I get back.

I wouldn't mind as much , one individual parked so close I couldn't get in the drivers side (P££s taker), that said there were nearly 100 empty spaces. Only to find it was an 80 yr some odd old lady who said she was having difficulty in parking..Whaaaaaat!!! :|)

Anyway for no reason than that, I have finally succumbed to ensuring whomesoever whacks,  prangs or clouts the A7 I want it captured, such is the paranoia of not wanting a 'fast repair' company to sort out the open door crease in the side of the car. and to keep my No Claims Down if I really have to claim.

Anyway my first place was flEbay - there have some decent deals at the mo, looks like Audi got a boat load they need to shift.

I am now going to reside into darkened room whilst I plan my install - once I see words like remove A pillar, b pillar c pillar im capable but not daft I wanna trash the internals.

I have attached the preparation list below - if anyone else is up for the challenge - I'm going to definitely try to not  to pay Audi £360 for two hours labour

The install instruction refer to other instructions which I guess are AUDI technician references - damn I need them

#232504331893 is where I got mine including wiring harness, front and rear camera and "installation instructions but not fitters instructions - I made a best offer :) saved £10

So if anyone else taking on this task gimme a shout please, when I install Ill do my best to document and take pics as I do it. (just not today)

IMG_2914.JPG

IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2916.JPG

IMG_2917.JPG

IMG_2918.JPG

IMG_2919.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG

Wassup niedzial,

Without providing the link the buy it now price was 285 plus p&p  -  included was wiring harness, front and rear cameras and install instructions - I submitted an offer and got it cheaper

In comparison to other makes on the market, I looked at the snooper which I already have, if im honest they difference to me is slight, they are all are much of a muchness.

I felt the integration of this system was more beneficial to me than the presumed overall image quality, anything 1080p with built In memory and wireless access and link to onboard Audi system is a benefit.

Long term use I can only guess at, I just want to jump in the car, have no hassle of  messing with a switched or memory cards, if it ultimately helps In a claim or records an incident and saves on my insurance premiums I think it worth giving it a go.

Some insurers actually discount you if you have one installed apparently

Never had one so cant say much ... :) 

I have nextbase 312gw, hardwired myself and for last 2 years no issues . Starts with the car by itself , viewing videos i can either do via my phone on wifi or plug it in the pc . 

I am looking to change for 2 channal dash cam and so far my choices are 

Thinkware F770 or BlackVue DR650S

Yep agree,

They both have really good reputation, I think the next base much  better tbh (although I have returned a next base after 2 months as it constantly froze), I have one in my transporter. I think the price point for the Audis with the front and rear set up and hard wired harness might be cheaper, but I could be wrong.

So going back to the original post :)

Has anyone already fitted (im guessing the have) front and rear cameras to their A7? Be it the Audi UTR , next base, think aware etc

I would be absolutely grateful for anyone with any pointers for getting this right "first time" I do love a challenge :)

• 4 months later...

Hi .

I have my UTR installed also .

The video quality (front and back ) is quite good.

The only problem is that it doesn’t record in parking mode, I think the garage man did it like that so it doesn’t use the battery . 

Is yours recording in parking mode ? 

Hi Moky,

Mine works in parking mode, it is also hardwired using the Hardwire kit that came with it.( it isn’t powered from the 12v  cigarette adapter)

There is usually an audible notification once the ignition is turned on and also turned off.

There is a setting on the app that initiates this.

Ill have a look later and see if I can send over a couple of screen grabs.

Cheers.

i can hear the sound ( and the voice) . The garage guy connected the wires on the left side panel , he done a brilliant job ( you can’t see any cables , Maine the utr has a problem with the parking mode 🤔🤔. ( paid 280£ on eBay, and 80£ to install at a local garage) .) 

thanks  Mylifesablast .

Has anyone manged to get footage out of the App? Someone vandalised my car whilst parked last night and i cannot seem to get footage out of the app to give to the Police. 

Hi ya Dasher, should be as simple as connecting. Downloading the video/images to your phone. I’m guessing you are logging in using phone.

You need to connect to the WiFi of the UTR.

Then open app (turn car ignition, no need to have it running)

or take out the micro Sd and download to your pc/mac

AD65A447-601E-41A8-945C-136FBEA31662.png

5657C292-0091-49C1-9C6A-549308BCBCA3.png

13E305A5-2E82-470D-A269-CFFF4DDEBFB0.png

7DBA1CE6-EF84-491B-A634-61C4873DBE2B.png

541F1597-F695-404E-A7CD-A14799592E6A.png

57A74034-1994-4CED-BE33-5CA292395687.png

On 6/7/2018 at 4:19 PM, Moky said:

Cheers.

i can hear the sound ( and the voice) . The garage guy connected the wires on the left side panel , he done a brilliant job ( you can’t see any cables , Maine the utr has a problem with the parking mode 🤔🤔. ( paid 280£ on EBay, and 80£ to install at a local garage) .) 

thanks  Mylifesablast .

This what ya should see towards the bottom, I think I had my g sensor way up to high (oerr missus) goes off when hitting speed bumps

B538162B-2BFF-4756-9820-BC39AE1CC0FC.png

37 minutes ago, mylifesablast said:

Hi ya Dasher, should be as simple as connecting. Downloading the video/images to your phone. I’m guessing you are logging in using phone.

You need to connect to the WiFi of the UTR.

Then open app (turn car ignition, no need to have it running)

or take out the micro Sd and download to your pc/mac

AD65A447-601E-41A8-945C-136FBEA31662.png

5657C292-0091-49C1-9C6A-549308BCBCA3.png

13E305A5-2E82-470D-A269-CFFF4DDEBFB0.png

7DBA1CE6-EF84-491B-A634-61C4873DBE2B.png

541F1597-F695-404E-A7CD-A14799592E6A.png

57A74034-1994-4CED-BE33-5CA292395687.png

Thanks mylifesablast

Tried that but now i have downloaded it to the app it has deleted off the SD card. Also i can't find a way to play the rear camera on my PC? 

There seems to be no way of saving to camera roll?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pics of my UTR, the only thing that concerns me is the gap between the roof trim and the windscreen, I can slide my fingers in there whereas on the drivers side it is affixed properly (naturally as the power cable is not routed on this side). Is it worth taking it back to Audi and asking them to fix this or is this expected? 

UTR Gap.jpg

UTR.jpg

Hi

id definitely think it is worth asking them to check it out, the last thing you want is the roof lining to sag, it won’t look good and if you snag it when cleaning the windscreen it’ll surely pull at the roof panel.

tbh it’s not the best fitting unit, in fairness but it’s far better than a trailing wire from the cigar lighter I’d have thought.

i will take some better pics at the weekend if you like, I’m away at the moment.

Hi, 

Thanks for getting back to me and your advise, I will take this up with Audi tomorrow, if i can trouble you for the better pics it would be greatly appreciated as I can use that to argue should I need.

BR,

• 10 months later...

Can anyone give me instructions how to use the UTR. Have had it for 4-5 months and nobody at AUDI can explain clearly how to operate. Had a serious incident 4 weeks ago. Spent 3 hours trying to locate the relevant file...not a chance of finding it. Any ideas much appreciated or a decent you tube video...anything. THANKS.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...