COLD WIND IN CABIN

rileybear

Noticed this a lot during these past few cold snaps , i normally have the temp set at about 23 degrees but when turning corners ie roundabouts i get an ice cold blast inside the cabin from the front ....yep its baffled me and yes all windows are closed and aircon switched off ! :(

Hi David, welcome to the forum. You'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

sorry to hear of your issue. I've never experienced it with an Audi before but have experienced it with Fords and certain Japanese cars before. 

As your a3 is going in for a recall it might be worth you asking Audi to have a look got you. They'll also do a free health check on the car when it goes in. 

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers :) 

Steve

2 hours ago, rileybear said:

hi thanx steve i'll mention it to them when they ring me telling me i need to spend a squillion pounds to change the oil etc :)

No worries. Sorry I can't help more. 

When it has happened to me on other manufacturers cars I found it was under the dash. I wonder if it's the lower dash vents? 

On a Suzuki I found the draft coming from around the centre console and tunnel tray (near the handbrake). But never got to the bottom exactly on this one! 

well they say its common on all audi something to do with the position of the cold air intake but i cant grumble they doing me a full service for free seeing as the previous owner had took out a service plan so happy days !!! :whistling1: