Audi Cabriolet rear window replacement

Paul Webber

Welcome to the forum Paul, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Excluding looking on eBay and scrapyards I'd say give Auto Glass a call. I believe they do various types of vehicle glass and they're Nationwide. 

Cheers

Steve

Hello Paul,

Pardon my ignorance but could you confirm this is a glass rear window rather than a celluloid one, and if glass, can we take it the glass has broken and you need to find a replacement and get it sewn in? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks for coming back Paul. 

How do you fancy a drive along the M4 down to God's country in S. Wales? Before dismissing this, and a chance to visit the Gower! -  have a look on the Mazda MX5 forum and you will find numerous references to Jack Smith trimmers in Swansea. He is a hard working one man band in a back street just off the Mumbles road. 

Now OK M4 and distance, but I've just used him again to do the same job as yours on a MG TF. It cost me £60, but I chose to splash out and have the more expensive original tinted thicker celluloid rather than the cheaper one which most trimmers use! Otherwise £40. I did take my panel out and take it down to him, but I don't think he charges too much more to do it all. 

Not sure if this helps, but I doubt you will find better value for the money.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Karol I'm also newly signed up to the club, did you find someone in Scotland to replace your Cabriolet rear window? I've been looking for someone to replace the window on my lovely old Audi 80 cab. I'm also in Glasgow. Many thanks - any pointers very much appreciated, I'd rather not have to drive to Wales!