S4 Road trip to France and Belgium

Sherlock1965

oh well just back from a week with the S4 driving from Liverpool to France and Belgium covering 1700 miles and 31 hours behind the wheel in 7 days. Absolutely loved the drive and was so impressed with the car in so many ways. Economy across toll roads, town roads and country roads really good with over 28mpg even with 3 passengers and a roof box. On toll roads I tried to keep to 85mph. Weather was really cold as don't think it got over 2 degrees during the day and drove many mornings at below zero. Ride comfort was superb and even with a sore back I was refreshed at all times helped by the back massage to a large degree lol. whilst roads in France were glass smooth the ones in Belgium where not but the S4 never banged or got unsettled. I never felt that the Quattro was needed even on the sub zero roads but you don't know if it was called into action as never had a moment of drama. 

a few other observations were that Audi is definitely the brand of choice with them outnumbering beemers 10 to 1 (seemed equal back in the UK though), roads in France much better than here, driving discipline much better in the EU than here (lane hugging in UK terrible) and finally that I never saw one other S4 for the entire trip so my car did get quite a bit of notice from young lads lol. Anyway thought I would share this as it goes to prove the Audi as a car for all purposes and pure driving pleasure.

S4 (1)

S4 (2)

S4 (3)

• Like 1

Glad you had a great time Steve :) I loved my road trip to France and Belgium last year :) here's the thread to my road trip: 

I'd love to visit Germany and Rotterdam next :) 

By the way I've moved this thread to the road trip section as I felt it more appropriate. I hope you don't mind. 

Also I was unable to open the pics but I wonder if that's because Ive tried to open them on a mobile phone. 

Cheers

Steve

no problem moving it as was unaware there was a road trip section. I don't know either why you nor I could see the photos as I uploaded the attachments to the post but they weren't shown in the post other than attached files. Planning a trip to Austria & The Black Forest  & Bavaria now lol

7 hours ago, Sherlock1965 said:

no problem moving it as was unaware there was a road trip section. I don't know either why you nor I could see the photos as I uploaded the attachments to the post but they weren't shown in the post other than attached files. Planning a trip to Austria & The Black Forest  & Bavaria now lol

Nice one! That'll be a good trip :) I was hoping on a road trip this year but I think it'll be next year due to all the other holidays I'm having. 

When you were in Belgium did you go to Spa race circuit? 

1 hour ago, Sherlock1965 said:

not this time but seen F1 there twice. a great place called Durbuy is a must go place close to Spa

oo haven't heard of that place, what's there? We went to the spa motor museum nearby when we were there. We were staying in Brussels so ended up traveling to yepres as well. 

On 2/19/2018 at 10:16 PM, Sherlock1965 said:

Planning a trip to Austria & The Black Forest  & Bavaria now lol

now your talking ! my favourite road trip of all.

Done that trip on a B*W motorbike and a B*W Z3....took the latter back to it's homeland just as it rolled over to 100k miles.

Cannot over-emphasise how beautiful the roads and scenery are in that region....and then as you roll into Austria...well, that will completely blow you away!

On 2/19/2018 at 9:26 PM, Steve Q said:

I'd love to visit Germany and Rotterdam next :) 

Can highly recommend the southern part of Germany (as above) but cannot really comment on the northern region as not been there...yet !

• Like 1