Rear cluster

MLC788
聽Share

Hi

weird thing happened earlier today....driving along and heard massive bang like driven over a football pretty sure it wasn鈥檛 from my car so didn鈥檛 think anything of it get round corner and car says rear NS indicator blown 馃檮.....anyway all lights on that inner cluster work and indicator was flickering as if had a short somewhere. Went for 2 hour drive then looked through manual and couldn鈥檛 for the life of me find fuse box to check fuses and now all of a sudden it鈥檚 working and as far as I鈥檓 aware so is everything else. Pretty sure when next drive over a bump will flag up again tho or I might be lucky as Audi want 拢249 for new cluster 馃槬....have no idea what鈥檚 going on.....any ideas? Also where is the luggage compartment fuse box lol

Cheers

matt

Hi Matt, I'm assuming there is no visible damage to your car in light of the bang you heard?聽

As Audi want to charge you for a new light unit, I'm assuming they gave done a diagnostic check to confirm that it is the light unit at fault?聽

If it is the light unit at fault then it will probably be worth you asking Audi if there is any factory good will (discount) that can be applied. The dealer will basically ask Audi the if any discount聽 can be applied . I mention this as in my opinion a rear light unit shouldn't have failed within 5 years.聽

I've also found this website that shows you where the fuseboxes are located and what the fuses are for your car. Here's the link:聽

http://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/audi/a6/28-audi-a6-c7-2012-fuse-box-diagram.html

Hope I've helped

Cheers

Steve

Ho Steve thanks for reply mate

no visible signs of damage so don鈥檛 think the noise was from my car never known a fuse to make that sort of noise if was a fuse.

thanks for link have looked everywhere in boot and can鈥檛 find fuse box as need no.7 on block A for exterior lighting but also wanted to check drivers seat heater as only heats back and not bum lol manual says it鈥檚 right hand panel in boot but I couldn鈥檛 find it....sorry I鈥檓 a complete novice聽

Audi were no help at all just usual get most money out of customer as possible strange thing is tho took car out last night and fault gone on dash and all lights working 馃....if happens again will defo ask Audi for some discount coz what you said mate. Is cheaper clusters on eBay but most second hand.

cheers聽

matt

Steve sorry mate but while I鈥檓 here wondering if you could explain my temperature going up and down whilst idling or going down hill with no acceleration?? Car gets up to 90 nicely but if I drive conservatively it will occasionally drop one bar (1 LED) on the rear occasion 2 bars?? Soon as drive again goes back up to 90....never had this on previous motors.

cheers

matt

Hi Matt, I'm glad there is no visible signs of damage and I've never heard a fuse making a bang noise to be honest.聽

Here's some pics which should help you find the fusebox :) don't worry about being a novice, we all had to learn at some point :) the fact the lights are working normal make me wonder if it's a wiring issue, like a dodgy earth.聽

With regard to your heated seats, do both seats only heat the back and not the base or is it just the driver's seat that doesn't heat the base?聽

With regard to the temp gauge one of the first things I'd check is the thermostat.聽

But more importantly with all the issues you're having I'd get a diagnostic check carried out to see what fault codes flag up.聽

Hope I've helped

Cheers

Steve

00001.jpg

00002.jpg

images.jpeg

Washed it earlier and just noticed condensation in the tail light that played up the other day 馃檮 beginning to regret buying this car 馃槬

Seems to only be reverse light and like you say will probably explain the temp fault.

other threads online say drill some holes in base of light? Either that or new cluster I suppose. Common fault online

1E46150B-6778-4AAF-B1DF-274B1B07C6CE.jpeg

Drilling the light is the cheapest option and worth a shot before you fit a new unit. It will be interesting to see if any water comes out when you drill it.聽

To be honest I think.its an issue that affects many different cars.聽

Cheers

Steve