Crankshaft Position Sensor

shawsy

Hey guys

I need to replace my crankshaft position sensor on my audi a3 se fsi but unsure if a crankshaft sensor form another audi a3 would be compatable other than one from the same model ( 2.0 SE FSI). Any help here greately appreciated

Thanks in advance

I would say not but jump onto some where like eurocarparts put your reg details in and see what it comes up with. There looks to be quite a range of fitting styles between models and engine types 

Hello David, 

Would you perhaps be looking for the compatibility information so you have a better chance of finding a secondhand one? If so, the old logic is that you could be buying your own faulty one! Secondhand is great for major very expensive components, but never really economical for minor parts. 

If necessary, I would go with Scott's suggestion, but you will find that such websites often use generic images so it's the part number which you would need to follow. Having said that, would I buy an aftermarket sensor? No I wouldn't - the quality of replica electrical/electronic components can be very questionable and although cheaper than main dealer parts, may cost you more in trouble and expense in the long run. 

The proper way is simply pass your registration number to the dealer and they will ensure you get the correct one. Ask for a discount - they can only say no!

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1