Leaking? Want to know where it comes from! Have a really good look.

mylifesablast

Ok, the A7 went if for its first MOT. It failed!

Two tyres Dunlop sportsmaxx- one tyre bulge on inside and other split - both front tyres BTW.
Oh and my number plate was 2 mm out with the spacing. :(

One of the gearbox ECU’s failed the one that operates the auto handbrake malfunctioned ( you can  guess the cost for that) lucky its in warranty 

Audi Garage carrying out MOT spotted oil leaking from between the Engine and Gearbox - said it would need to go back to the Audi garage I bought it from.

So What Is Leaking then?

Long story short and a week later back to the other Audi Garage.

They had it for over a week as i refused to accept the car back unless it was resolved and fixed adequately, in fairness they agreed and carried out the required work.
Said they couldnt find any oil leak, mmm, but said they wiped the understray and around the engine but could find any oil - WTF.

They did identify the following and this follows in line with a stories i heard a while ago with older models when major engine damage was the outcome.

1st - They noticed the Adblue seals were leaking - so they changed those....TICK!

2nd. They also noticed the seals (4)around the injectors were leaking diesel....TICK

This may sound pretty standard the way it was reported to me  over the phone. They say they carried out a 200 mile test drive and couldnt see any oil leaking.
So i have had the car back, on the basis that I drive it for another 600 miles before returning it for its next service.

36 minutes ago, mylifesablast said:

Ok, the A7 went if for its first MOT. It failed!

Two tyres Dunlop sportsmaxx- one tyre bulge on inside and other split - both front tyres BTW.
Oh and my number plate was 2 mm out with the spacing. :(

One of the gearbox ECU’s failed the one that operates the auto handbrake malfunctioned ( you can  guess the cost for that) lucky its in warranty 

Audi Garage carrying out MOT spotted oil leaking from between the Engine and Gearbox - said it would need to go back to the Audi garage I bought it from.

So What Is Leaking then?

Long story short and a week later back to the other Audi Garage.

They had it for over a week as i refused to accept the car back unless it was resolved and fixed adequately, in fairness they agreed and carried out the required work.
Said they couldnt find any oil leak, mmm, but said they wiped the understray and around the engine but could find any oil - WTF.

They did identify the following and this follows in line with a stories i heard a while ago with older models when major engine damage was the outcome.

1st - They noticed the Adblue seals were leaking - so they changed those....TICK!

2nd. They also noticed the seals (4)around the injectors were leaking diesel....TICK

This may sound pretty standard the way it was reported to me  over the phone. They say they carried out a 200 mile test drive and couldnt see any oil leaking.
So i have had the car back, on the basis that I drive it for another 600 miles before returning it for its next service.

Wow, you've really had some bad luck! Glad it's covered under warranty. The Dunlop tyres are becoming a common issue! 

I'd monitor the oil level to see if it's loosing oil and if it is get them to look at it in the service. The problem is that your a7 will be out of warranty this year! Unless you took extended warranty of course. 

It might be worth speaking to the garage that noticed the oil leak as they should be able to tell you where the oil leak is coming from. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Cheers 

Steve

I’ve just had an oil leak repaired on mine, it was coming from some type of housing that is known to crack, I’ll try find out which part it actually was and get back to you.... as for tires I did have good year eagles on last time which were fine but a bit soft for my liking, I’m using Perelli p zero’s now that seem to be doing great, the grip is permnominal! The part that was leaking for me was oil filter housing at engine no part number unfortunately