A3 driver door won’t open. HELP!!

Martyn85

Hi all, I have a 2007 a3 sline sportback and today I went to get in the car and the driver door won’t unlock and I’m tearing my hair out just can’t seem to find what’s wrong. All other doors unlock and open perfect but drivers door won’t budge from inside or outside. It will be a real problem as the windows won’t even open and I need access through the window or door to get in and out of work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks 

i`m just thinking the lock has seized cos to be honest how often do we use our key to open the door when we have a fob, only time i have used mine is when my battery went flat

Just gave that a try with joy. Back to the drawing board. It’s strange because it opened fine when I went to work at half 5 this, went out to my car and half 9 and it wouldn’t open 

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is the fault, broken wire but not a easy job. Didn’t do it myself had a mate to do it but he said what a b*****d or a job to do cut the door card to try and release the door but no joy so in the end he took the rear door off and released the front door with a screwdriver from the back. Not quite done it, ordered a new door card today and will hopefully be job done by Tuesday. Hope nobody else will get a problem like this because it’s real headwork lol! 

07AD9CC5-DB23-419E-A7BB-5DB34E97E49D.jpeg

• 4 years later...

An Audi Q3 owner 2012 model from new.  We had this problem just this week of drivers door not opening from the outside, but from inside fine.

Courtesy of a (fairly time consuming) google search last night I found an easy potential solution that works not only on Audi's it said.

So I tried it this morning.... and hey presto - worked first time...brilliant so many thanks to the poster on that thread

"You have one person on drivers seat, one person outside drivers door - you time unlocking manually from the inside at exactly the same time as the person outside pulls the external door handle - door opens then slam the door shut with some force"

Worked a treat - for how long I don't know, and I don't claim to understand why - but something to do with nudging an exterior handle ratchet of some sort.