Rear rubber seal on roof storage compartment

arran_m

Hi all,

I have like a few others found a water leak onto the rear passenger seat of my 2003 A4 B6 and seem to have tracked it down to a failed seal on the roof storage box lid but looks like the seal runs the whole length from one side to the other and forms part of the boot/storage compartment seal is this correct and can they be replaced?

ive attached pictures of the seal I’m talking about although may be hard to see the bit that is perished and I assume under there is a drain point which may also be clogged causing this but as I’ve not long had the car I’m not sure if I can part open the roof to look without having to manually close it so hoping you can set me straight on these issues

thanks for you’re help

D63D98E7-CB7C-4F49-AFB3-F9E22FA5BD08.jpeg

98EC18A1-77FD-458B-9A95-34EAFCC1BE17.jpeg

Welcome to the forum Aaron, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

I would suspect the seal can be replaced and either speaking to Audi or TPS for the part. 

https://tps.trade/parts

Or try this part finder on Audi which is on this thread: 

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Aaran, yes you can partially open the roof and stop it in any position you want but you will find the hydraulic system loses pressure after a little while so it will then start to sink back down so if you can find something to prop it open with at the desired height you should be fine. 

Thanks for all the great information guys and I’ve searched for the part and found what’s needed so am a step forward but given the weather at the moment don’t fancy lifting the roof off to repair so need some sun. 

Will then decide how big a job it really is and see if I need to pass this on to someone a little more technically minded.  

Thanks again

• Like 1