Audi A8L simcard

slimbaz

I have an Audi A8L 2014. I have inserted several SIM cards that all work in a mobile phone. Once inserted the network provider is displayed I.e three/Vodafone/ee etc and displays 3G or 2g. I try to make a call or access Audi connect but it does not connect and at about 2 minutes loses connection. I also connect via rSAP with a Samsung on EE which also loses connection after 2 minutes.  I have taken it to an Audi dealer who carried out a diagnosis and said there was nothing wrong with the car, but didn't fix the issue.  Can anyone help?

Welcome to the forum Barry, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

You sure have a great Audi model :) 

Im not too sure on the phone capabilities of the a8 I'm affraid but I have found this YouTube video which may help: 

It might be worth you speaking to your Audi dealer to see if there is an issue with the system and in which case a diagnostic check will need to be carried out (£60 approx but wavered if fault found and repaired by Audi). 

However you may find that you require a SIM card specifically designed for vehicles. If this is the case then I'm sure your network provider or Audi can help. 

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Barry, I have the 2016 A8L and I am fairly sure you don't need a specific vehicle SIM card. You should be able to use any SIM in the slot. I just bought a pay as you go data SIM card from 3 pre-loaded with 15GB of data or something and this works fine. I use that SIM only for Audi connect and then use my mobile in the phone box connected via Bluetooth for making voice calls. You can configure the in-car sim for voice as well - how have you set yours up? Have you tried something similar and just use the in car-card for data and your mobile for making calls?