Intermittent no satellites

adamrkelly

So my 2014 A3 8V 1.6 TDI has an issue with the MMI. Basically sometimes it will register no satellites and therefore give me the wrong position on the Sat nav. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes picks up or loses satellites part way through a journey etc. It doesn't seem to be relating to obstacles around the car blocking signal so I'm guessing a loose cable? I've tried resetting the MMI a few times but it doesn't help at all. Any help would be appreciated! Cheers, Adam

Welcome to the forum Adam, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

If you've reset the system then I'd say you're on the right lines and say it's either the cable or antena. 

Cheers

Steve

You're welcome :) 

Glad it's booked in. The diagnostic charge is £60, however this charge is wavered if you have the repair carried out at the Audi garage. When your a3 is in, ask them if there is any factory good will they can give you (discount) as the Sat nav shouldn't have failed so soon in my opinion. 

The extended warranty can be good but don't forget to read the small print. 

Cheers

Steve