A6 Avant 2015 2L Quattro

Sheps31

Welcome to the forum Wayne, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Realistically you'd be looking at mpg in the 40s or 50s on a mixture of motorway, country roads and town driving. But if it's just town driving then this may drop to mid to high 30s. 

One thing to check is whether or not the a6 has had the emissions recall carried out and if so how long ago. If it's been done in the last month and now the car is for sale then you have to question why. Have a look on this thread about the recall and the issues that can appear afterwards: 

Also here is a buyer's guide on the c7:

Hope I've helped :) 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the info Steve

I am getting a fuel allowance from the company to buy a car, which is why I am looking at the MPG to maximise the amount I have free to buy the car (I would love the 3Lbitdi 😎). I currently have a Jaguar XF 3L V6 which isn’t the most fuel efficient. Brim to brim 500ish miles.

Also I’m not sure if I actually need a Quattro, it’s just that I’ve only had rear wheel drive cars so never driven a Fwd

With my E60 530D BM it has DPF problems. Is this common in Audis too?

Most of the mileage I do is on the motorway as I travel the country a lot.

Great video too

cheers

Wayne

Glad the info was useful Wayne :) 

The a6 will definitely be more fuel efficient than.the jag by far! And the bi turbo is lovely but not as economical as the 2.0 litre obviously. 

Unless you really need it then get Quattro. Otherwise don't bother as you'll save on fuel. From the cars you've had, you'll be more than fine with a fwd Audi 😉

From my time working at Volkswagen the dpf and EGR issues were often seen after or during the time the car had come in for the emissions update/recall. Hence why I mentioned about it. If the car has just had the recall done in the last month then I wonder be very wary. From the miles you're doing you'd be more than ok :) 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks again Steve

Believe it or not I love my powerful cars but as mentioned the company I am working for have only offered to pay me mileage, when in the past I have had a car allowance and the fuel allowance so economy wasn't really a factor. This company doesn't do company cars.

In order to buy a £25k ish car, I need to eek out the miles to pay for it.

It would be interesting to see what the brim to brim would be on a 3L bitdi quattro with steady motorway driving ;) I am so easily swayed lol

So from what you've said, any dpf/ egr issues should have been picked up on the emissions recall right? Is this normally noted on any of the service paperwork?

42 minutes ago, Sheps31 said:

Thanks again Steve

Believe it or not I love my powerful cars but as mentioned the company I am working for have only offered to pay me mileage, when in the past I have had a car allowance and the fuel allowance so economy wasn't really a factor. This company doesn't do company cars.

In order to buy a £25k ish car, I need to eek out the miles to pay for it.

It would be interesting to see what the brim to brim would be on a 3L bitdi quattro with steady motorway driving ;) I am so easily swayed lol

So from what you've said, any dpf/ egr issues should have been picked up on the emissions recall right? Is this normally noted on any of the service paperwork?

Not a problem :)

I'm unsure to be honest. But even with steady driving I don't think you'll get the same mpg as the 2.0 diesel. 

Hypothetically yes, however if it's just had the recall done and the car is for sale then I would be very careful. Obviously if it was done a year ago then you should be fine :) 

What spec are you thinking of getting? 

Cheers

Steve

I am looking at a Black edition, 2015 so the new headlights etc with as many gadgets as possible

I could lease a new one but if anything happens further down the line jobwise I will be stuck with the car payments :( 

Black edition is one of the best specs :) you'll find sunroofs, adaptive cruise control and head up displays are rare and expensive extras. Here's a link from honest John with some of the nice extras: 

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/our-cars/audi-a6/the-top-5-optional-extras-on-the-a6/

Hope it's useful :) 

Cheers

Steve

Very interesting

I like the idea of the technology pack and virtual cockpit :)

I've just seen this http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/audi/a6/estate/mpg

Stating the following lol

Even the top-of-the-range 3.0-litre twin-turbo BiTDI diesel manages to return 45.6mpg and emits 164g/km of CO2, despite the fact that it goes from 0-62mph in 5.2 seconds and has a top speed of 155mph. However, the mind-boggling number is its 740-mile range – meaning you could realistically travel from London to Audi's Ingolstadt headquarters in Bavaria on a single tank of diesel.

13 hours ago, Sheps31 said:

It was from that car buyer link in my above post

if that was true sign me up lol

I missed that lol! 

I'd be sceptical about the mpg figure to be honest but it would drive nice all the same :) 

Uh oh.

I went to my local Audi dealer today who showed me a couple of A6 Avant black editions which were lovely but he then asked if I had considered the A4 Avant, which I hadn't. He said that the tech pack in the A4 is the latest version from 2015, whereas the new A6 doesn't as the new model isn't coming out until 2019.

1) I prefer the look of the A6 avant

2) I prefer the tech of the A4 avant aaaagh

Hmm, well if it were me I'd still have the a6 but then again technology hasn't bothered me too much. 

It depends whether or not you need the space of the a6. If you don't then do you want to carry around the extra weight? And in that case the a4 might be slightly more economical. 

But as I say I'd still have the a6

52 minutes ago, Sheps31 said:

Agreed on the looks of the A6

I take it I can still stream music via bluetooth etc

It definitely looks better ;) 

Erm I think it depends on the spec and what media system and MMI it has. 

Sorry I'm about confused, what is as quick in fwd compared to quattro? 

Needless to say I can't see it making much of a difference when over taking with fwd or quattro unless you're driving in snow or other bad weather of course. 

10 hours ago, Sheps31 said:

He said in a Quattro the car hesitates when you put your foot down as it determines how much power to put through each wheel.

Ah, got ya. I can see where he's coming from but I think in most real life scenarios it won't be too much of an issue. Especially if you're over taking tractors and lorries etc. 

Have you decided on having quattro then? 

I have done my usual and am upselling myself lol

I am going to hold on for a while to get more money in the coffers and get the 313bhp quattro with lower miles

When i was in the Audi show room the other day I was drooling over the R8 and RS6....... Drooooooooool

14 minutes ago, Sheps31 said:

I have done my usual and am upselling myself lol

I am going to hold on for a while to get more money in the coffers and get the 313bhp quattro with lower miles

When i was in the Audi show room the other day I was drooling over the R8 and RS6....... Drooooooooool

They are lovely cars! But unfortunately out of reach for most of us. I have to say quattro is ideal in this weather! And your doing the wise thing, the more money you have the nicer car you can get :) 

Definitely out of my price bracket lol

I had a look at the R8 page on hear and it was interesting how people are financing their cars. One guy was doing it on credit cards and finance. I suppose that was part of the payment is interest free

5 hours ago, Sheps31 said:

Definitely out of my price bracket lol

I had a look at the R8 page on hear and it was interesting how people are financing their cars. One guy was doing it on credit cards and finance. I suppose that was part of the payment is interest free

I agree It definitely is an eye opener to see how people pay for cars. I've never financed a car as I'm not a big fan of finance to be honest. Plus pcp wouldn't work for me die to the miles I do a year.