A3 led headlights

Rye

Hi I need some help. I bought these h7 led lights to replace the standard h7 I have on my 2008 A3 hatch.  trying to put these led lights but someone told me that its not gonna work with my car and need a conversion etc. Hope you can help me.  Thanks

Screenshot_20180305-210704.png

The H7 is the correct fitment however the mass of the heatsink/driver unit wont allow the dust covers back on and I believe as they are a fitting that doesn't have a clip to secure it they will fall out due to vibration and weight.

But the big issue is CANBUS , unless they are CANBUS compatible they may fail to light up and throw bulb out warnings, it maybe able to get CANBUS interfaces but you would need to check legality and comptibility.  

• 2 weeks later...

I read about people passing MOT with HID Xenon kits. The point is that HID kits are cheaper, more brighter and CANBUS cancellers are like 1 pound each and work perfectly. I have them installed (H9 Xenon kit with cancellers in Dectane lense headlight units). I am from the Netherlands though and they are allowed in the Netherlands.

HID's are not legal in the UK (as a retrofit) unless you have self levelling headlights and headlight washers, and yes I know a few places that will turn a blind eye at testing time but I have also seen far too many installations that are not only wrong but also !Removed! dangerous and a hazard to other motorists.

I have 2 sets of HID's and 1 of LED's but have taken them all out and gone back to halogen bulbs , I just drive a bit slower now.