DSG?

sc-em

Having been driving my TT for a few days now (snow not withstanding) I have noticed  that on occasion when pulling away from junctions or at roundabout, when the car hardly comes to a stand still,  there is a slight jolt when the car pulls away. Not always, just sometimes.

Another oddity I noticed today, is that when i turn off the engine I can hear a slight sound of either air, or liquid being released from down in the passenger foot well side of the car. Almost imperceptible unless really quiet  I had wondering if this was a release of the air con somehow, but I am not sure.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get around to changing the oil as I just gave it them back and asked them to sort as their own mechanic stated it didn't seem right after test driving. So we will see. I does drive like it needs a four wheel alignment, but that can be done later, if all else sorted.

Something else that keeps reappearing is the emissions light. Apparently, the diagnostics stated a lambda sensor and so this was replaced on one bank. Then it came back on, again suggesting a lambda sensor. It has subsequently come back on so needless to say I have asked them to look into this. The garage says it could be another sensor. Is there really four of them? However, my garage mate is more sceptical and fears something more to it and that all that is being done is a reset of the light. I did point out that the emission must have passed the test for an MOT, but I guess this can be bypassed.

I'm glad the garage have agreed there's a fault so let's hope they can sort it. 

Could you not take it to your mechanic friend with regard to the emissions light. If you can find the fault then you can inform the garage you bought it off for them to fix it :) 

10 hours ago, sc-em said:

Yes he can check it but i will see what they say first and then ask him to confirm. 

Are there really 4 lambda sensors? 

Yes I believe so but don't quote me on that. Truthfully I'm not as clued up on the v6 as other models, sorry. 

Cheers

Steve