Spam

niedzial1983

Yes, it came to me.

Question? Has it gone to everyone who has posted on here at some time, or perhaps just regular contributors? 

I have already reported this to Admin - I guess - under 'Report this' , and I've asked the question why this forum ( unlike most others) allows new contributors to send PM's as soon as they have registered, rather than having to make a minimum of say 10 posts before they do that. This is just not acceptable.

Wondered if you Paul, Steve or Trevor etc. knows who actually administers this forum.

Thanks folks,

Gareth.

8 hours ago, Magnet said:

Yes, it came to me.

Question? Has it gone to everyone who has posted on here at some time, or perhaps just regular contributors? 

I have already reported this to Admin - I guess - under 'Report this' , and I've asked the question why this forum ( unlike most others) allows new contributors to send PM's as soon as they have registered, rather than having to make a minimum of say 10 posts before they do that. This is just not acceptable.

Wondered if you Paul, Steve or Trevor etc. knows who actually administers this forum.

Thanks folks,

Gareth.

Sorry you all received this and top work by Paul for acting on this so quickly. Gareth does raise a good point and that new members should be restricted as to when they can send private messages. I'm thinking any thing less than 10-20 posts before they can private message. What do you think? 

Trevor is the administrator for this forum along with similar ones such as the bmwownersclub.com and Toyota owners club.com etc. Owners of the sites basically get money from advertising, hence all the ads and Trevor works for them. Paul, Bradley and I moderate just this forum. 

Cheers

Steve

Sorry about the spam intrusion.

Very cleverly, it seems that she(?) bypassed the system and rather than posting anything on the forum, instead managed to bulk mail all the members.

Will play with the settings in the system to not allow this sort of intrusion again

Cheers,  Trevor

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Sorry you all received this and top work by Paul for acting on this so quickly. Gareth does raise a good point and that new members should be restricted as to when they can send private messages. I'm thinking any thing less than 10-20 posts before they can private message. What do you think? 

Trevor is the administrator for this forum along with similar ones such as the bmwownersclub.com and Toyota owners club.com etc. Owners of the sites basically get money from advertising, hence all the ads and Trevor works for them. Paul, Bradley and I moderate just this forum. 

Cheers

Steve

Good work guys but I do notice that Trevor is one of us with his A4 😏😎😎😎

Sorry, forgot to mention....well done Paul for a swift intervention on the spammer. 

I have a confession Adbro ....i parted company with the A4 some time ago and no longer own an Audi (as yet) but am seriously considering an A4 Cabriolet TDi for the summer....just have to shift all of my other toys first

Spammer has now been banned, chastised and all content deleted from PM....also adjusted settings on the forum so this shouldn't happen in the future.

Full marks to her for ingenuity though....didn't see that way as a route for spamming the forum.

Cheers,  Trevor

• Like 1