'Exclusive' ended in UK?

Smoothie

Hi folks,

Anyone successfully specced exclusive paint on a new car in last couple of weeks?

I noted that all mention of exclusive paint etc has been removed from the configurator for all models here in the UK.

It is still covered for the config for other countries - including Ireland which also uses right-hand-drive cars

Anyone know if that signals an end; or, a temporary suspension of the exclusive options in UK?

I would ask Audi central customer services, but they never answer questions and simply direct you to a dealer.

Cheers

• Confused 1

On 3/19/2018 at 3:05 PM, Smoothie said:

Finally - a guy at a dealer actually listened and did some digging for me,  

He confirmed the exclusive order book for UK is full - for around 12 months

Cheers

Glad you got an answer Alan :) does that mean you can't order your desired car or do you just have 12month wait? 

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve -  the official answer came that the suspension was indefinite - which may mean 12 months - maybe not even then. I can wait till the end of the year - but if I cant get an exclusive colour on an A7 - and with the standard colours being so boring and conservative - I would definitely go another way - and it would not be an Audi. The lack of certainty makes my financial planning awkward. :(

On 3/23/2018 at 11:07 AM, Smoothie said:

Thanks Steve -  the official answer came that the suspension was indefinite - which may mean 12 months - maybe not even then. I can wait till the end of the year - but if I cant get an exclusive colour on an A7 - and with the standard colours being so boring and conservative - I would definitely go another way - and it would not be an Audi. The lack of certainty makes my financial planning awkward. :(

I bet it does! But I can understand why they can give you an exact time frame as it's all down to how many cars they can manufacture and how quickly. 

• 3 weeks later...

If it's just the colour option that is holding you back, have you thought about having a full vinyl wrap?  You can get the desired colour and protect the paintwork at the same time.  

Just a thought :yes:

7 hours ago, SeanA4 said:

If it's just the colour option that is holding you back, have you thought about having a full vinyl wrap?  You can get the desired colour and protect the paintwork at the same time.  

Just a thought :yes:

Thanks Sean - yes if i was buying second hand it would be the way to go - but I am not sure the lease company would allow it - and there are some horror stories when taking a wrap off - not sure gap insurance would cover ;)

On 15/04/2018 at 8:10 AM, Smoothie said:

Thanks Sean - yes if i was buying second hand it would be the way to go - but I am not sure the lease company would allow it - and there are some horror stories when taking a wrap off - not sure gap insurance would cover ;)

Speak to them and try the, its to protect the paint :whistling1:  lol. I've heard some nasty stories too. 

• 7 months later...

What a patient man I am .... ;)    Resurrecting this cobweb - still no exclusive ....   and i guess still no news?

anyone alive out there?

hellooo....ooo.....ooo...oo..o ....     echo dies away