New head unit install

Martyn85

Hi guys, hoping somebody can help me with this, just bought a new sat nav stereo for my a3 it’s a direct replacement but the buyer said I will need a adapter for the rear speakers to work but not sure which adapter will attach some photos to show which ones I got my eye on and also the wiring that’s with the unit. 

9AF30292-ACE2-4549-9DDC-B9B7A85D21D5.jpeg

1FFBD1D9-C0A8-46D9-9EFE-11ACC3B6D91C.jpeg

2B06AC5A-1ED4-49A5-A86C-A0C75AEB0247.jpeg

They sent me a link to the one in the photo but I just don’t trust many people on eBay lol! 

No no don’t have bose system but do have rear speakers which is confusing me a little if I’m honest 

So the bit I'm confused about is in the picture it shows phono style speaker connectors where as most cars use an iso adapter , unless there are speaker connections in what the call the power plug.

Who makes the unit ?

You mean on the back of the unit? Not sure about them yet I don’t think they will be needed. It’s hopefully being delivered tomorrow so I’m just going to use the connections that come with it and see what happens. Will keep you updated 

Hope somebody can, Ive installed the unit all works fine apart from rear speakers don’t work. The last photo I’ve put up I’ve been told will get the speakers to work. Does anybody know about this before I order one. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

All installed now took it to a professional installer lol! Didn’t need the harness adapter either not quite sure what he done but it’s all working fine. Onto the next project now 

1 hour ago, Martyn85 said:

All installed now took it to a professional installer lol! Didn’t need the harness adapter either not quite sure what he done but it’s all working fine. Onto the next project now 

Glad you got sorted Martyn :) 

Have you got any pics of the new install? :) 

Cheers

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Glad you got sorted Martyn :) 

Have you got any pics of the new install? :) 

Cheers

Steve

Yes here they are mate. The first one is on start up looks good with the Audi badge. Onto the next now. Going to start a new thread new some advice on speakers lol! 

C293FF49-38C0-4808-916C-A98FD0E88E67.jpeg

2BC4D4E8-65E7-4057-894F-912B52F485F6.jpeg

77F69C8E-6E07-4152-A453-882B38DE126D.jpeg

Just now, Martyn85 said:

Yes here they are mate. The first one is on start up looks good with the Audi badge. Onto the next now. Going to start a new thread new some advice on speakers lol! 

C293FF49-38C0-4808-916C-A98FD0E88E67.jpeg

2BC4D4E8-65E7-4057-894F-912B52F485F6.jpeg

77F69C8E-6E07-4152-A453-882B38DE126D.jpeg

Wow, now that is smart! :) 

A thread with advice for other members would be awesome. It's the best way we all learn :) 

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi, just joined, bought my 61 plate Audi A3 1.8 tfsi on Saturday. 2 things, 1: I need a new headunit which incorporates sat nav and handsfree calling and using Spotify. Please could you recommend what head unit I should get.

2: should I get it remapped? 

• 2 months later...
On 11/29/2018 at 12:25 AM, Greeny boy said:

Hi, just joined, bought my 61 plate Audi A3 1.8 tfsi on Saturday. 2 things, 1: I need a new headunit which incorporates sat nav and handsfree calling and using Spotify. Please could you recommend what head unit I should get.

2: should I get it remapped? 

Hello,

1. As I mentioned above, I bought a Chinese unit which is NewFron NF-ANA02 brand and model. It surely incorporates with igo navigation (I chose that), handsfree calling (via bluetooth, of course) and uses Spotify (because unit has Android). You can google it and find similar products in the internet. Here's the internet picture of the unit. On the other hand, you can watch DVDs and, internet TV if you do not care about tethering issues consuming your phone's internet plan.😉

2. Yes, you can. I uploaded igo and the related maps. Every year I plan a trip to Europe by using the igo Nav System and the maps.

NEWFRON.png

14 hours ago, S line 2006 said:

Hello,

1. As I mentioned above, I bought a Chinese unit which is NewFron NF-ANA02 brand and model. It surely incorporates with igo navigation (I chose that), handsfree calling (via bluetooth, of course) and uses Spotify (because unit has Android). You can google it and find similar products in the internet. Here's the internet picture of the unit. On the other hand, you can watch DVDs and, internet TV if you do not care about tethering issues consuming your phone's internet plan.😉

2. Yes, you can. I uploaded igo and the related maps. Every year I plan a trip to Europe by using the igo Nav System and the maps.

NEWFRON.png

Thanks for that info Gursel 🙂 nive to hear you use your Audi for travelling to Europe. Would love to see a road trip report big you get a chance 🙂

cheers

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Steve.

Except for the on and off trips to Greece and Bulgaria together with my wife, we realized a trip to Montenegro last year with my son. He established a company over there and will be the resident in the process of time. Since he has aviophobia (fear of flight), we chose driving. The road plan included Bulgaria, Serbia and Montenegro finally. It was amazing to climb the mountains from nearly Serbia-Montenegro border to Tivat. It was nice to see heaven right after downhill in Montenegro. It took 1700 km total from home, Ankara/Turkey to Tivat/Montenegro. Trip plan was made up of two laps. One was from Ankara to Edirne (Kapikule border), and the other one was from Edirne to Tivat. We spent one night in Edirne to get some sleep and rest. Edirne-Tivat was nearly 1000 km but took 16 hours because of the mountains and the 80 km speed limit. On the wayback home, I was alone and I took Albania, Greece and Turkey road. I spent one night in Greece and had a chance to see Atatürk's House in Thessaloniki. Here are some pics from Montenegro and road map below.

By the way, in my garage, I was trying to retrofit DIY front park sensors and a camera on weekend; I accidentally contacted 12V to the front camera output of the head unit. Somewhere burned of course... 🙄. I will have head unit fixed or buy another Chinese unit...😞  

20181112_120200.jpg

20181113_121807.jpg

20181115_112829.jpg

tamara.png