Can i install Audi sat nav and Bose into my A4 ?

Seano

Hi, great forum. Wife had a brill 09 cabriolet that had all the toys and whistles till someone wasnt looking and ploughed into the back of it. She is gutted. Bought her another soft top 07 S Line and found a breakers with sat nav and Bose that i'd like to replace with her Audi Symphony. Is this possible to swap them ? Thanks in advance ! Ps... i wont even bother trying to put in the day running lights !

Welcome to the forum Seano, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

The short answer is yes, the Sat nav will fit straight in as long as your radio is double din. However I'm unsure about the antenna. My advice would be take everything for the radio and satnav off the car being broken. I.e: radio, antenna, wiring/connectors and you should need the radio code for the new one. This will be in the cars hand book. 

With regard to the Audi Bose system this will work with any Audi radio. The parts you'll need off the Audi being broken are: 

Speakers including the one in the dash

Subwoofer

Multi channel amp (hidden in the boot)

Processor unit. 

Mic which is in the interior light. 

Plus wiring which runs from the head unit to the amp/sub. 

If in doubt take everything radio related! 

Hope I've helped :) 

Cheers

Steve

• 1 year later...

Question relating to this I have 2 similar b7s, one recently written off and her replacement, when swapping the bose over would the wiring for the dash speaker and subs still be in the one without? Or would it be total rewiring? Also I'm guessing the amp wires will be have to be made up? (If I dont strip them out of the other one) or are they magically there for some reason and just need plugging in? thanks 🙂