DAB suddenly stopped working

Hi Guys,

Needing some help/advice on a DAB issue on my 2013 A3 which has the satnav style MMI and a standard sharkfin style aerial. 

Was all working fine until one day there was no DAB signal for days which was very unusual in my area which is always good. After trying alsorts and resetting the radio within the settings the DAB doesn't even show now in the waveband options. I also very very occasionally get a frozen satnav which may or may not be linked. 

I have nothing plugged into lighter sockets or have additional satnav or dashcam etc. 

Can anyone advice on options other than spending £130 on an Audi diagnostic.

Many thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum Nathan, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

I would normally say the issue is to do with the aerial or necessary wiring. However I'm unsure as your screen is freezing. 

Also it might be worth you taking it for an independent garage for a diagnostic check as £130 is very expensive! An independent garage would charge you around £60.

It may not be useful but here's a link to a website that should help you with identifng the DAB stations available in your area: 

http://www.ukdigitalradio.com/coverage/postcodesearch/

And here's a link for the transmitter locations: 

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/dab

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers

Steve