Dyno Results - Sad Face :(

NoGGy

Hi All, 

I ran my car on a dyno yesterday and was presented with some pretty interesting results. I am pretty annoyed, but also curious as to what I can do about it (if anything). 

I have an Audi A3 (2010) 2.0 TDI - 170bhp, which I had remapped around 2 years ago with Viezu tuning. I also have a few other mods (Miltek, BMC filter etc) but they do very little in terms of performance gains. 

So long story short, I took my car for a service around 2 months ago to my local audi dealer and when i got the car back it felt pretty slow again, not awful, but not great. Took my car to the Dyno and low and behold, i am back to 170 (Stock) with a pretty awful looking Dyno run (Not very smooth at all). Now i am no expert so i wanted to make sure the Dyno results were correct and I also need to understand what I can do in regards to Audi giving me some money for writing over my map. Please note, everything i take it in, i tell them not to do a software update, so they have either done it without telling me or even worse they have applied the emissions fix to my car which I have opted out of on a number of occassions. Can someone confirm, would a software update overwrite the map?

And what is the best way forward? The company i took my car to were pretty decent they offered me a new map and dyno for £350, apparently they write there own maps from scratch and also sell maps to other providers. I was quoted around 210-215bhp other maps are quoting me around 225. 

Thanks IMG_20180323_100053.thumb.jpg.d97292cab6e83f7e3007b8d7373a65c4.jpg

P.s Dyno results attached.  

I'm sorry to hear this Scott. My advice would be to speak to the Audi dealer in question to see if they have either done the emissions recall or software update. They will have this stored on their database. When I worked at volkswagen customers had to sign a document to say that the cars map was standard before the emissions recall would be carried out. 

However the software update is often classed as a recall and as such has to be carried out (safety items definitely) but you should have to option to decline the software update in my opinion. 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...