New member from Derbyshire

A6TOM

Hi fellow Audi enthusiasts!

I'm just in the process of buying my first Audi, It is an mid 2003 A6 Avant Limited Edition 1.9 TDi 5 speed. with just 57000 miles and full service history.

Before I put it onto the road (will be sorn rest of month) I have a few small niggles to sort,  any help, advice or tips would be most appreciated.

The first is the front astray seems broken with the front plastic  cover loose and the metal inserts fell out, plus the cigarette lighter does not work, I assume a fuse? Is it easy to replace the whole astray assembly?

There is a rattle inside the front passenger door with engine at low revs, a loose wire or cable or similar? Is it easy to remove door card?

Water seems to have got into the spare wheel well in the past, any known issues or water ingress via the rear lights or rear tailgate door seal?

Under the bonnet there is a plastic panel over the battery/pollen filter that also seems to rattle at tick over is this a known issue?

Cheers Tom.

Welcome to the forum Tom, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Sounds like you've got your games on a cracking a6 with that mileage! 

Unsure if the ashtray is a common issue but the front cover has come off mine. It sits on loosely though. The fuseboxes are located on each end of the dashboard. Obviously you'll have to have the doors open to access them. The covers just clip off. 

I can't help with the removal of a door card I'm affraid. Sorry. 

I can't say I've noticed my battery cover to rattle. I'm assuming the clips are intact on both sides? 

Don't forget to post some pics up when you get a chance :) 

I'd also love to know what the spec is on the limited edition as I've never been able to find out! 

Cheers :) 

Steve

Hi Tom, sounds like you have a very nice car. Not sure about the A6 as I've never had one but the A3 of that era I did. A common issue that I had with my old one was the rear window wash pipe came lose or even off and caused the fluid to leak into the boot. I had this fixed under warranty twice so you might want to check that.

14 hours ago, A6TOM said:

There is a rattle inside the front passenger door with engine at low revs, a loose wire or cable or similar? Is it easy to remove door card?

does this help m8

• Like 1

Hi Steve & Paul, many thanks for the You Tube vids, much appreciated. Looks like the white tube in the video is a possible culprit rattling? I'm not aware of any broken clips for the under the bonnet panel that rattles but on checking with previous owner he said some tape was on edge of panel (covering battery/pollen filet?) originally that seemed to stop it rattling but was removed/lost in a service?

As for Limited Edition spec I'm not sure what differences are, but what I have learned to far, it has a Bose 6 CD stereo with a subwoofer in boot, 17 inch BBS alloys (just refurbished at great expense by previous owner!), leather interior, and a built in Sat Nav.

Will upload some photos later.

Cheers.

On 4/9/2018 at 6:20 PM, A6TOM said:

Hi Steve & Paul, many thanks for the You Tube vids, much appreciated. Looks like the white tube in the video is a possible culprit rattling? I'm not aware of any broken clips for the under the bonnet panel that rattles but on checking with previous owner he said some tape was on edge of panel (covering battery/pollen filet?) originally that seemed to stop it rattling but was removed/lost in a service?

As for Limited Edition spec I'm not sure what differences are, but what I have learned to far, it has a Bose 6 CD stereo with a subwoofer in boot, 17 inch BBS alloys (just refurbished at great expense by previous owner!), leather interior, and a built in Sat Nav.

Will upload some photos later.

Cheers.

I have seen the bbs rims on other limited edition a6 cars and they look awesome! Definitely sounds a lovely spec! 🙂

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics 🙂

• 1 month later...

Hi, apologies for delay in replying. It has been a bit of a bad start to ownership of my A6. After just 30 miles, front spring broke, leaving car unusable. Hopefully can get it to garage next week. Also cannot remove stereo to look at front lighter not working (not the fuse have changed it) I know they can be tight fit but just bent the removal tools trying to take stereo out. Have attached a couple of pictures of A6 as requested.Cheers.

IMAG0343.jpg

IMG_3676.JPG