Keyless Go Security

PaulAFC84

Evening all, 

I wondered if anyone on here can help me.This is my first post, as I haven’t picked up my A6 yet, but I had some questions about the keyless entry/keyless go security precautions people on here have taken? I’ve read into it a little, and I’ve had people recommend the faraday key pouches, I just wondered if anyone can recommend any of these in particular? I was also looking into a steering lock, but apparently the disklok can be smashed off in a matter of minutes, and the other ones can cut into the steering wheel?

Sorry to bombard you with questions,and thanks in advance.

Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Truthfully I've not seen any issues with the vag keyless system it seems to be Ford that is affected. For my keyless Ford I have a Faraday pouch which I bought off eBay for 79p and it came from China and it works a treat. A metal.tin does the job just as well. 

Usually theives will break.ibto your home so in order to steal your keys. (Keyless Fords excluded). With any form of steering locks they will slow down the thief and will make more noise. This therefore acts more of a deterrent, ideally meaning the thief will target a more venerable car. 

Hope I've helped :) 

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

Hello guys,thanks so much for the warm welcome,much appreciated.My Fiancées Fiesta Titanium was stolen,which was keyless, which was what started me worrying.I was thinking of buying a Faraday pouch and a key box,and leave the spare key at my Mrs’ Mum and Dads away from home.I did look at those steering locks Paul,is that what you recommend?

Thanks guys 

On 4/10/2018 at 5:04 PM, PaulAFC84 said:

Yeah I looked at some reviews and was a little torn between a stoplock and a Disklok.Is the Audi’s keyless security a lot different to that used by Ford?

Yea Audi security is better. The disc lock will fit straight on but I'm wondering if only certain stoplocks fit due to the shape of the airbag on your steering wheel. 

Cheers

Steve