Worth buying 2x k&n air filters or stick with normal?

Lungo

Hi all,

was wondering if anyone has used the above and decided whether it is worth it or not?

only recently purchased ‘The Beast’, as my kids call the q7, and will be keeping for a while hopefully.

Welcome to the forum, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

I'm assuming you are looking at getting the panel filter rather than the cone filter? If you are trying to increase power then I would advise an engine remap instead as I'll improve bhp and potentially mpg. You'll only gain 5,bhp tops with an uprated panel filter.and slightly improved acceleration (in theory). 

Obviously if your Q7 is still within warranty than the filter may void this as it's not a genuine Audi component. 

Obviously the benefit would be that it never has to be replaced and you will get a lifetime warranty. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

thanks for the reply.

yes I was talking about the panel air filter, did not even know the cones were available.

Not really looking to increase mpg and bhp with these at all, mainly for cost as trying to find a service maintenance schedule for a 2008 Q7. ( my q7 is 2008 with 54k)

But looking at it not worth it if change of air filter is at 75k!!! £10 each for std against £120ish unless I have wrong schedule or reading it wrong.

btw on the tuning side I am looking at tunit or tdi piggy bank if I go that way. Only ones I have researched atm.

4FE2A741-1E73-4AEC-841B-332D70DC0DE9.png