Tyre and alloy insurance

Logges

Hi Everyone,

Picking up my Q7 on Saturday and wondering if many people have any experience with Alloy and tyre insurance for their Q7's?

Are these worth it? I know the Q7 can be heavy on tyres and pretty costly

Appreciate any views.

Thanks in advance

Hello Logan,

Congratulations on your new car - I'm sure you will enjoy it.

With regard to your question, is the car going to be purchased on a PCP?

If so, then the final agreed value, although agreed now, can be influenced by the actual condition the car is handed back in, and such things as alloy wheel damage can result in charges to rectify this (common) problem, so an insurance may - just may, be worthwhile. If its not on PCP then of course this is not so important. Similarly with tyres, but beware, check what the insurance actually covers, or very much more important - what it doesn't cover!

The selling of these insurances are along the line of salesman/dealer commission perks, and they are often keen to get you signed up to them. There could and often are, cheaper independent alternatives which provide similar cover, so it really does depend on PCP final figure adjustments at time of hardback - if this applies - an the least hassle route. 

Irrespective of PCP, one insurance I would consider looking at is GAP cover, which covers you in the event of a total loss for the full or invoice price, which of course insurance companies won't generally meet  - and beware, not all do, even within the first year. Again dealers are keen to sign you up for this, and again there are cheeper independent options available for the same  cover via. Google searches etc.

Hope some of this helps,

Enjoy the car,

Kind regards,

Gareth.  

Thanks for the kind reply. Yes already arranged GAP via a reputable 3rd party at a fraction of the price vs the crazy amount the dealer kindly offered. 

Hello Logan,

I guess my passing reference to GAP insurance has taken your original question off topic. Apologies for this. Not sure what your plan will be regarding the tyre and alloy cover. Will probably be useful to others who might be considering this. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.