Safety Recall 80C5.Servicing heater element.

james brown
聽Share

The recall takes an age to complete!

I managed to amalgamate mine with my long life service due in 3 weeks time.聽When I asked how long it would take, they advised to allow a working day.

Also, I was informed the heater element reaches it's upper limit and then triggers its thermal cut-out.

So hopefully no fires!

24 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

The recall takes an age to complete!

I managed to amalgamate mine with my long life service due in 3 weeks time.聽When I asked how long it would take, they advised to allow a working day.

Also, I was informed the heater element reaches it's upper limit and then triggers its thermal cut-out.

So hopefully no fires!

That's good then, it's always good to combine the work to save trips to the dealer! :)聽

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, paxterg said:

My recall date has just been pushed back 6 weeks because they havent got the parts!!

Yea, I've just read that the parts aren't arriving until June!聽

Not good really.聽

• 3 weeks later...

I鈥檝e had this done the other day on A4 avant- 2014 and I鈥檝e noticed now that I鈥檓 getting a left dipped headlight / main beam fault coming up with a bulb picture and a x through it. The front light bulb still comes on for a bit then goes off again.聽

Could they have knocked a part or sensor when they fixed the heater issue? The headlight was fine till they messed聽

On 5/25/2018 at 8:51 PM, Ste H said:

I鈥檝e had this done the other day on A4 avant- 2014 and I鈥檝e noticed now that I鈥檓 getting a left dipped headlight / main beam fault coming up with a bulb picture and a x through it. The front light bulb still comes on for a bit then goes off again.聽

Could they have knocked a part or sensor when they fixed the heater issue? The headlight was fine till they messed聽

They could have knocked something but I'd be very unlikely to admit it. You should see if they'll do a diagnostic check for free to see what fault codes flag up but good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Steve

• 1 month later...

They said the bulb has gone and needed a new one? Maybe it鈥檚 just a coincidence that it went the same time as the recall聽

anyway they wanted over 拢200 for a xenon bulb so got one off the net聽for 拢66 same Philips one as that came out聽

聽Recall 聽last year . 聽 Emmisions.This year heater element.Audi centre 40miles away .waste of two days.and cost of fuel.Audi should pay for this. Have owned audis for 20 years .i think it's time for a change.