77- Telephone Module Fault

LucaB

Hi everyone, hope someone can shed some light!

I have a 2006 audi Q7 s-line. has MMI 2G+ (Colour screen in speedo). When I press TEL on the centre console it comes up with 'Telephone not installed', I know this is common for loads of people. Have looked under the seat and located the telephone module which has the bluetooth logo on the sticker but there is no cradle in the centre armrest.

I have connected VCDS to the car and there is no communication with 77- Telephone unit and I've tried everything to activate it. I have done the update to 5570, however when I tried doing CD2 there was no option to update the telephone.

As it seemed like the unit was faulty i ordered another (used) module which the seller guaranteed was working and still no luck.

im starting to wonder if there is maybe a wiring fault, I have plugged the module in to the power plug and left the MOST plug out, the red light from the unit itself lights up but seems like certain positions of the cables make it go on and off. Not sure if its meant to be steady on or pulse randomly? I have closed the gap on the pins in the plug but still the same. 

Its driving me insane! i know the car definitely worked in the past as there was contacts saved to the MMI from a previous owner.

Any help appreciated!

Sorry forgot to mention I done the MOST test and it said there is a fault on 77 with electrical and optic.

there is power getting to the plug but haven’t had a chance to get it on a multimeter. Will give that a go next

Can’t connect to the telephone module at all with vcds. Will check to make sure there is a 12v feed and good earth. If the fibre optics was faulty would it affect the radio too? Everything else is working perfectly 

I’m guessing this module would have been the cradle in the centre armrest? Or is there somewhere else?  Looked under the tray in the centre armrest and no cabling is there  so no cradle has been removed. 

When I was looking for a replacement telephone module I seen there’s different types. Most had 3 connectors (power, optic and Bluetooth antenna plug) but mine has 4? There’s a extra purple plug like the Bluetooth antenna plug