A8 D2 Fuse box location

dakes55

can anyone tell me where the fuse box is located on a 2002 A8 2.8 Quattro, most of the other Audis ive owned have been at the right side of the dashboard end, its a right hand drive car

Thanks

HI, thanks for that Steve, all that I can find there are relays, and a long flat black plastic tube that looks like it feeds the heating to the rear of the car, I cant see any plastic cover anywhere or the fuse box in this location ?

John

42 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Usualy on audies there are on both ends of the dash as you open the door 

I thought that too but I guess in light of John looking it must be on the left side? 

2 hours ago, dakes55 said:

HI, thanks for that Steve, all that I can find there are relays, and a long flat black plastic tube that looks like it feeds the heating to the rear of the car, I cant see any plastic cover anywhere or the fuse box in this location ?

John

Hmm, well all I can think is that it's on the other side of the dash (on the end and on the opposite side to where you've looked) 

Cheers

Steve

yes it a weird one and i cant find any info about it on the net, so i think i will have to call Audi and ask them, nothing on ends of dashboard by the way

1 hour ago, dakes55 said:

yes it a weird one and i cant find any info about it on the net, so i think i will have to call Audi and ask them, nothing on ends of dashboard by the way

Did you try to remove plastic trim , side panels of the dash as you open the doors?

15 hours ago, dakes55 said:

At last I found the fuse box, for future reference its located in the driver side pillar, but not under the carpet.

Glad you found it :) was it the fuse at fault? 

Cheers

Steve

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/24/2019 at 1:18 AM, kneesakajordan said:

I have a 2000 Audi A8 and can’t find the fuses. I found one spot in the trunk but it only had 4 fuses. And on the sides of my dash are air vents not a solid piece of plastic. Does anyone know where they could be

İt located Side column in front of right front door you have remove plastic cover to reach

• 5 months later...

For future reference. There are a few locations for fuses on a D2.

1. Right above the battery there is a plastic cover.

2. On the right side of the car, in the door pillar under the dash (there is a plastic nut that can be opened by hand near the carpet)

3. Under the carpet (on left hand drive cars it's under the passenger's carpet) there is a wooden (on mine at least) cover held with 2-3 screwes. Under that there is another fuse box + relays and connection posts (some are GND some are switched 12v some are 12v).

NOTE: if your radio goes dead and the fuse is not blown in the pillar fuse box, check the fuse on the back of the radio (there is one there also)