Headlight Bulb Replacement

Bearded Mag

Afternoon All, 

Bulbs gone in my passenger side front main beam. What would you recommend as a replacement?

And how easy is it to change?

Heard that you have to take the bumper off to change the bulb which sounds berserk haha! 

Cheers

Kris 

Hello Kris,

'Removing bumper' - not so daft as it sounds these days unfortunately. One point I can make is, not so on the comparable age A3, but A4 ?? 

If it were mine, I would be nipping the car around to Halfords and asking what the correct number bulb is and what is is the cost for fitting. 

This will provide you with the answers to both questions, and you can decide what you want yo do from there.

What I would say is that even if the bumper doesn't have to come off (and I guess you can assss this yourself on the car) it is sometimes worth the fitting fee unless you like having the skin taken off the back of your hands due to poor access. 

Let us know how you get on Kris.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 3 months later...

Fair point Jason, but the main point of my response was to use Halfords (and their pricing) to assess whether it is possible to fit these bulbs - without- removing the bumper - or not. 

Whether you then actually use them to fit the bulbs (and possibly remove the bumper) would be a decision left to the owner - as you point out your decision in this case.

No doubt, for many owners, cost comparisions between say main dealers and  Halfords might also influence that decision. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.