New Audi Owner Looking to buy another

BBOA

Hi Everyone.

I have recently purchased a Q7 and I am now looking to buy either a TT or A4 Cabriolet AUTO. Given my budget the age-range of these would be from 2003-2006 I Imagine. By the sounds of it the biggest issue with these cars is the cambelt, just wondering if some Audi experts can give some advice whether these models/age would be worh pursuing given the issues.

Thanks

Hi Bradley, I'm sure I answered this topic?! Think my reply didn't save. 

The only rust to be weary of is on the front wings which is a common fault of vag cars from this era. This is caused by a piece of foam which is between the arch and wheel arch liner and obviously absorbs moisture and thus rusts the arch. 

Obviously make sure the roof works as it can be expensive to fix. I've also found these YouTube videos which may help: 

Cheers 

Steve

Hi Bradley

Obviously, budget is the thing. I paid a bit over the odds a year ago for mine but it was immaculate.

Make sure the DSG box is in good working order, my A3 is 10 yrs old now , it had a cambelt change at 70000 (now at 84000) & is completely rust free with everything working perfectly so far. including the hood which is down on every rain free day.

Good tips from Steve, just make sure you see full service history.

happy hunting

Welcome to the forums

Nice friendly atmosphere here with plenty of Audi owners to help where they can.

Please be sure to give the forum rules a quick view

Paul