New Q7

V12 Smig

Hi there,

took delivery of my new Q7 a little over one month ago, new 2018 S line,  with tech pack and pan roof.  I previously had from new a 2014 A6 Avant SE ultra tiptronic.  Bought the Q7 on the basis of me previous Audi's reliability, practicality  and comfort.  Have to say was a tad overwhelmed by the Q7, it size, the gadgets, the looks etc., but now feel right at home. I've done just over 2K and averaged just over 31mpg, the A6, which the wife now has, does mid to late 40's.  a bit miffed though that I am having to add "ADD BLUE" already.   The A6 did nearly 8'000 miles before it's 1st warning came up??  Is this normal for the Q7 or have Audi saved money by only putting 3'500 miles worth in the tank....  Also wish it had some storage boxes in the back...

Will update now and again, hope someone has some comments on the add blue...

Cheers

V12

Welcome to the forum Mike, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

I would suspect the adblue tank is smaller due to the q7 drivetrain. 

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve,

I reckon Audi just put a few litres compared to the A6, good way to reduce costs.. the Q7 just swallowed 20 litres with ease, be interesting to see how far that gets me, but I could never fathom the consumption of the ad blue as I always got quite varying results...

16 minutes ago, V12 Smig said:

Cheers Steve,

I reckon Audi just put a few litres compared to the A6, good way to reduce costs.. the Q7 just swallowed 20 litres with ease, be interesting to see how far that gets me, but I could never fathom the consumption of the ad blue as I always got quite varying results...

You raise a good point, I'm not sure on.the consumption rate but factors that'll affect it are: dpf regeneration, stop start, type of driving, temperature of the engine etc. 

Cheers

Steve