Avoid water in the car...!

niedzial1983
聽Share

I have read a lot of posts recently about water in the footwells etc... so i looked on my a6 c6 drains under the windscreen.

Shocking馃槺馃槺馃槺 !!! 聽

Check yours to aviod water damage !聽

Drain is located under the 2 cilinders聽

20180427_182515.jpg

20180427_173530.jpg

20180427_173523.jpg

Cleaned like new ::)

20180427_174041.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Well done for giving other members the heads up.on this issue Piotr! I do hope you caught the issue in the nick of time and haven't suffered from any water damage in the cabin.聽

Hope it's ok but I'm going to move this thread to the c6 section and pin/feature it.聽

Cheers

Steve

11 hours ago, niedzial1983 said:

Cool. I had no problems on mine with water but i recon if i would not clean the drains i would have soon聽

I have to agree, I think this would have easily lead to problems.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi first off thank you for this info and pics to help on this issue. Due to having water in passenger footwell I have also cleaned the drainage hole and surrounding areas but the problem still persists any more areas of the car that could be causing this? As all the seals ect around windscreen looks fine any help would be appreciated thanks.

Hi first off thank you for this info and pics to help on this issue. Due to having water in passenger footwell I have also cleaned the drainage hole and surrounding areas but the problem still persists any more areas of the car that could be causing this? As all the seals ect around windscreen looks fine any help would be appreciated thanks.

I also removed the glove box to try find where water was coming from and believe I found dripping from carbon cabin filter. I'm so confused?

• 6 months later...

If you have a sun roof, make sure that the drains are clear for this, or you will have water ingress here too.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My beautiful A6 Quattro Avant 2012 with just 108.000 km was classed as a 'total loss' or write off by the insurance company today. Somehow water got into the electrics and I think because the roof was replaced (dents) and during the repairs the roof and windscreen were out for 4 weeks. Unfortunately the car never got to Audi to have the problem diagnosed (battery drain causing the battery to be flat overnight) just a local car sparky who I think was doing the panel beater a favour by finding a different fault as he had no insurance to cover the damage. He claims a typical Audi and European car fault that the 'drain hole under the wiper rack assembly gets blocked'. This he claims is a common fault... well I've driven Audis for over 20 years and never heard of it ... has anyone else?

• 6 months later...

I think its a build up of leaf debris not cleaned regular enough and once broken down clogs up any drainage holes. It does it in the boot area on either side & if not cleaned especially in the spring time builds up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Well I have only had my A5 4 weeks

2015聽 聽50K聽 absolutely mint in and out.

Water is coming out of a sill.

After Reading the trouble with the AUDIS聽 I am beginning to聽 to regret it

Johnny M

8 hours ago, Johnnym said:

Hi Guys

Well I have only had my A5 4 weeks

2015聽 聽50K聽 absolutely mint in and out.

Water is coming out of a sill.

After Reading the trouble with the AUDIS聽 I am beginning to聽 to regret it

Johnny M

Can be a lot of issues with all of them tbh.聽

• 5 months later...

WATER IN REAR PASSENGER FOOTWELL.

Audi A6 2019 TFSI 45 Quattro

Hi Guys I鈥檓 having a similar issue. I鈥檓 getting lots of water in the driver side rear passenger seat footwell. The insulated carpet is socked through. Struggling to work out how on earth the water is getting in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I removed the windshield cowl and removed lots of leaves but water still seems to be coming through somehow. When I drive, turn or brake I can hear a sloshing sound from the front but I don鈥檛 know exactly where it is.聽

4 hours ago, Mandeep said:

WATER IN REAR PASSENGER FOOTWELL.

Audi A6 2019 TFSI 45 Quattro

Hi Guys I鈥檓 having a similar issue. I鈥檓 getting lots of water in the driver side rear passenger seat footwell. The insulated carpet is socked through. Struggling to work out how on earth the water is getting in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I removed the windshield cowl and removed lots of leaves but water still seems to be coming through somehow. When I drive, turn or brake I can hear a sloshing sound from the front but I don鈥檛 know exactly where it is.聽

You have to make sure that ALL of the drain holes are kept clear.

Plenum chamber and sun roof drain holes.